How has the scene changed?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How has the scene changed?
hate to say it thats fairly accurate man. got added to 3 facebook groups in the last week i think. I must admit as a car enthusiast you do get put in the same bucket as those who sit at maccys with a huge sub and a back box
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
yup alot of willy waving with dyno read outs and copy and pasting "spec sheets" so many facebook pages of the same nature.
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2015, 06:35 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: And still people struggle to spell my username! lol

Tbh I just couldn't be bothered to keep using the shift key... lol

(24-11-2015, 08:35 PM)Niall Wrote: The scene for me always has been just having good mates an enjoying the cars my self. I don't like the abuse that gets thrown about and i don't like the anti social behaviour.
Now unfortunately the scene seems to have gone to the latter. Everyone slags off everyone elses cars, people wave their dicks about showing off their car and people look down on you just because daddy hasn't bought you a 10 plate VXR or you haven't financed your self up to the eyeballs on a wanky vauxhall.
I blame Facebook for this. Every man and his dog has a Facebook car group which are all exactly the same and are purely used for selling a shitty backbox on 112 different (same) groups. All i see is one person who has screenshotted their original ad and copied it to all these groups. Its just boring.

You're slagging off Vauxhalls while complaining about people slagging off other peoples cars. Confused
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2015, 09:01 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(24-11-2015, 06:35 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: And still people struggle to spell my username! lol

(24-11-2015, 08:35 PM)Niall Wrote: The scene for me always has been just having good mates an enjoying the cars my self. I don't like the abuse that gets thrown about and i don't like the anti social behaviour.
Now unfortunately the scene seems to have gone to the latter. Everyone slags off everyone elses cars, people wave their dicks about showing off their car and people look down on you just because daddy hasn't bought you a 10 plate VXR or you haven't financed your self up to the eyeballs on a wanky vauxhall.
I blame Facebook for this. Every man and his dog has a Facebook car group which are all exactly the same and are purely used for selling a shitty backbox on 112 different (same) groups. All i see is one person who has screenshotted their original ad and copied it to all these groups. Its just boring.

You're slagging off Vauxhalls while complaining about people slagging off other peoples cars. Confused

You still spelt his name wrong regardless of the caps lol

It was more an comparison to the fact that these people finance them selves up for a newish car and think their car is better than everyone else because its newer when in fact its just as poor as the older cars owned by people who don't drive the banks car. I could of used a Ford or VW as an example if you wish? Tongue
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Sorry Nile, people often get my name wrong so I know how annoying it is. Tongue

Seriously though, you were making the stereotype that a certain type of people tend to drive a certain type of car, just as a lot of non-car people stereotype anyone with a modified car as a dangerous 'boy racer' which gives us all a bad name, though I realise it wasn't meant in that way.

Problem is there are arseholes in all walks of life, and the minority will spoil it for the majority which is a shame. I hate all the willy waving and alpha male 'mines better than yours' shite that comes with the car scene, and especially the marque prejudice, it's ridiculous really, would think car enthusiasts can appreciate any car/marque/budget/mod choice even if it's not to their taste.
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2015, 08:03 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: They are all still here. I used to keep an eye on .net back in the day never joined never posted. I remember doing my first stage one 8ish years ago with darrens videos.

Haha , Pretty much the same as me Itwasntme

Ive only built/restored my "dream car" this year, A 205 Dturbo.. I've been planning it for too long
Project 205 D turbo- Reshell : http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=28909
Thanks given by:
I miss the mass gains that were acheived through such small modifications.

Never had I felt so bright eyed in wonder, how a few screws here and there, and a little tinkering could show me such noticable increase in actual power :O Its been harder and harder to get that same gains through doing anything else!!! Make my mind forget what 200hp is like, and lets all go back to lucas pumps and learn how to tune 9mm's into 11mm, boost up T2 blowers, angle grind exhaust ports, and weld bit and peices together to make mad creations because we can!!! please take me backkkkkk Big Grin
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I miss the early days. I had a 1.6 on nimrods and gti suspension. And that car was the absolute tits! Still the best condition car i ever had. In the garage every week as I had more money than sense and changed everything.

I remember the first Lynx charger kits. Petes black supercharged '6, v6 conversions, the first of 406 brembos, ta technix being the go to for everyone's lows

I miss it all haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I still have a 1.4 and it's only done 49k [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
Also have my stage 2 hdi obviously.
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2015, 09:13 PM)Niall Wrote:
(24-11-2015, 09:01 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

You still spelt his name wrong regardless of the caps lol

It was more an comparison to the fact that these people finance them selves up for a newish car and think their car is better than everyone else because its newer when in fact its just as poor as the older cars owned by people who don't drive the banks car. I could of used a Ford or VW as an example if you wish? Tongue

My meg is financed and quicker than a high percentage of the cars on this site.

My rallye is owned outright and is slower....

Mind... blown!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Lots has changed, but there are still plenty of familiar people, if not that many familiar cars (Dum keeps scrapping them). Still got the mighty HDi though, if in a slightly less mighty form than previously Tongue

Some of those usernames are a real blast from the past though Tom, you've got a helluva memory! Remember reading all those guys threads for inspiration, some of whoch wasn't -40mm and 'clones :O
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing the 306 scene!!! londondan86 24 5,459 07-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Last Post: londondan86
  Sister has joined the french car scene lolsteve 22 9,783 19-04-2015, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Gti Forum (Changed for captain pedantic ;)) Lwilliams 95 19,359 27-08-2014, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Poodle