Dum-Dum's latest Ranger

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dum's latest Ranger
(08-10-2015, 05:48 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Can't you wash the mud out?
I had a good 5-10 mins trying to blast it out immediately afterwards while it was still wet and it's clearly not worked. I had a closer look and if anything I've compounded the problem by packing the mud in harder and also possibly bending some of the fins with the force of the jet wash.

At some points it does have to go through 3 thicknesses of rad.

(08-10-2015, 06:21 PM)Niall Wrote: So what you are saying is Ford have designed a vehicle that fails at carrying out the task that it was designed to do? And i thought these Rangers were a great off roader Chris......
Off road is not by any means the only thing it's designed for and tbh it still doesn't get hot off road, only sitting at high speed. The rangers are great off roaders, every time I meet off roady people they always say "oh they're supposed to be really good off road" so it surprises me that more people don't have them.

Also you'd have the same problem in any 4x4 filling the rads with mud.

finally FORD never designed it to do anything, Mazda designed it.
Thanks given by:
I used to get the same problem bud.
Take it out and spray a hosepipe at it from the back for AGES. As you say, pressure washing will ruin it.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Steam cleaning seems to work fairly well for getting gunk out of radiators.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Er yeah, if it got pushed in from the front you will need to be washing it out from the back, forcing it further in from the front won't work. :facepalm:
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Get something like muc-off and spray in there aswell, it breaks down mud and shit really well, and leaves things shiney Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2015, 04:55 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(07-10-2015, 03:03 PM)silverzx Wrote: Lmao, looks like fun! Lot of the boys down 'ere are into all that now. Personally I'd rather shred some tyres but that looks like a hoot! Big Grin

Mate you can still shred tyres on this, in 2WD it's RWD and it's got LSD's both ends. TBH I had tyres smoking in 4WD the other day while failing to get up a hill with the wheels spinning.

Mmm. Bit on the old boaty / large side for anything competitive though don't you think? :Tongue 

Fine for a wheel spin, but hardly going to link a load of corners.  Blush
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I know I'm utterly atrocious at updating this thread

I've been pay & play again

Fitted an EBC, EGR blank, de-cat and strapped down my battery.

Also got a bargain on a huge Japspeed rad at £50 off on ebay and an aftermarket intercooler for the same price as people are selling them for second hand.

Had to knock up a set of custom brackets for the rad but it wasn't the end of the world, just time consuming. Looks an utter beast.

And here she is waiting for me to trim the grille and refit that.

She looks an utter beast muddy.
Got my longer rear shackles here so she'll be sitting level again soon.
Thanks given by:
she's hanging in there pretty well. 4x4 boys do give their machines fair abuse!
Thanks given by:
Hope the shackles are enough to bring it at least level.
Should have a bit of forward rake still.

Mebees wind the torsion bars down a bit more, looks proper nose in the air, tory style.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2015, 12:51 PM)mr_fish Wrote: she's hanging in there pretty well. 4x4 boys do give their machines fair abuse!
Yeah it takes fair abuse! At the last pay and play coming out a bomb hole (front wheels in the air) I landed so hard in it that I gave myself whiplash, 2 weeks on and the left side of my neck STILL hurts. The truck is fine.

(30-10-2015, 07:37 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Hope the shackles are enough to bring it at least level.
Should have a bit of forward rake still.

Mebees wind the torsion bars down a bit more, looks proper nose in the air, tory style.

Yeah they are +2" shackles and the front is only up 2" so will bring it back to being just a tad nose down. Gonna attack the front upper bump stops and try and get another half inch on the front so it's nearer level as i hate it looking nose down.

Got poly bushes for the springs and shackles when I get round to fitting them too Smile
Thanks given by:
Ah another pickupist!

With your rad full of mud I spent just over 11mins in sainsburys jet was doing my rad after a mega trip round the plains a couple years ago in the Surf. Worked fine afterwards.

Then had to make sure I spent a fair while cleaning it after each trip in the Hilux I had after that.

[Image: 1522289_10151764023304058_30137014_n.jpg...e=56BBAE95]
[Image: 983960_10151303596349058_2114309266_n.jp...e=56D3464E]

Wont be too many months before I have another one!
Thanks given by:
Annoyingly the truck has split a coolant hose so cant drive her till replacement bits turn up but the longer shackles are on

She' looking pretty beasty now, been pondering whether I could fit 35" tyres once I've got round to doing a body lift

Thanks given by:
how you finding this off road mate parts costly brake much?

i've always run disco's as they are cheap, 1st mod is to remove the aircon rad as its amazing on what can get between the two rads and stop the air flow  Rofl

didn't know the rangers had lsd's and trick shiz like that
Thanks given by:
I've broken nothing (bar filling the rads with mud) and parts are uber cheap, think it was £13 for a brand new rear light cluster.

It's really good off road, the big ground clearance helps with that but it's happily done anything a disco has done and TBH probably done it with less drama.
Thanks given by:
I've been up in Scotland for a week mainly finding out how terrible the MPG on my truck is.

26.6MPG on the way up steady at 65-70MPH on the motorway
31.7MPG on the country roads in the highlands
27.7MPG on the way home steady at about 60MPH

However I also got to work out how far out my speedo is with the bigger tyres on the truck. On the way up I got 326.4 miles and google maps said 358 miles which is 9.7% difference and on the way back down the speedo said 357.0miles and google said 389miles which is a 9% difference so i can add about 10% to any economy figure.

It means that over the 1100miles I did I used 34.5 gallons which is actually about 32mpg.

Anyway that's now largely inconsequential as the clutch is slipping badly and it has a boost leak.
Thanks given by:
Nothing matters other than fixing the boost leak when you have a boost leak ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So... is the aim of this TO get stuck and tow people out? or just drive through boggy forests? There's a bunch of chaps round here who do this, i have no idea what it's about?!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2015, 05:13 PM)Piggy Wrote: Nothing matters other than fixing the boost leak when you have a boost leak ThumbsUp
Yeah I need some new silicones sadly as my boost piping is a little bit suspect, I'll show you Saturday.

(26-11-2015, 05:45 PM)ginge191 Wrote: So... is the aim of this TO get stuck and tow people out? or just drive through boggy forests? There's a bunch of chaps round here who do this, i have no idea what it's about?!
The aim is just getting as muddy as possible without getting stuck while laughing a people with broken down landrovers. It's the I wonder if I can drive up that/down that/through that game which is made worse by being egged on by others.
Thanks given by:
This forum needs a like button.

LIKE.

Also I heard whispers of VNT. That would be win.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2015, 07:56 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: This forum needs a like button.

LIKE.

Also I heard whispers of VNT.  That would be win.

Cheers mate, been keeping an eye out for a GT2359V at a sensible price but the prices on them seem to be going up. Just ant to snipe another with a 99p starting bid ideally.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black Ford Ranger Thunder Dum-Dum 25 9,824 17-10-2017, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Dum-Dum's XLT Ranger 4x4 Dum-Dum 72 17,700 28-12-2016, 08:44 PM
Last Post: procta
  DEAD!!!! Dum-Dums Ranger 2.5TD 4x4 Dum-Dum 55 14,922 07-04-2015, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Poodle