car sos

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
car sos
Car sos was screened in our area last night, very interesting episode about an Austin Healy, any body see it??

Should have taped it, waiting for a repeat of the program to check something out.

Rule of thumbs says that left hand threaded wheel nuts go on the left hand side of the car, even the knock on tight variety......as fitted to this car.....the ones for wire wheels with 2 "wings" that are hit with a mallet for quick and easy wheel changes.....
Thanks given by:
I gave up on that shows because Tim Shaw is such a massive bellend, like a shit Mike Brewer.

Pity really because Fuzz is alrite.
Thanks given by:
(05-11-2015, 10:58 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: I gave up on that shows because Tim Shaw is such a massive bellend, like a shit Mike Brewer.

Mike Brewer isn't much better! And I find Wheeler Dealers cringeworthy....

Got a lot of time for Fuzz though, knows his shit and used to play in one of my favourite bands in the early 90's, Pop Will Eat Itself.
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
Didn't see it, too many ads on 4 for me!

Building Cars Live on BBC last week was pretty good though. Interesting how a lot of repairs on the car take longer than building the whole thing at the factory! lol
Thanks given by:
(05-11-2015, 11:15 AM)Alan_M Wrote:
(05-11-2015, 10:58 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: I gave up on that shows because Tim Shaw is such a massive bellend, like a shit Mike Brewer.

Mike Brewer isn't much better! And I find Wheeler Dealers cringeworthy....

Got a lot of time for Fuzz though, knows his shit and used to play in one of my favourite bands in the early 90's, Pop Will Eat Itself.

I agree, although mostly the middle part of the program is mostly ED and occasionally Mike going to get something refurbished (which can give you the name of a good company on occasion)

It's on Car SOS where Tim go's to get parts and then tries to use his 'charm' to blag a deal.

f*ck OFF YOU MASSIVE lady garden, YOU'RE PAYING DOUBLE NOW!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Just me that really likes Tim Shaw then?!
Thanks given by:
It's ok better than brewer and China I guess.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(05-11-2015, 06:27 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Just me that really likes Tim Shaw then?!

Looks that way... I didn't like him on 5th gear either. lol
Thanks given by:
(05-11-2015, 07:52 PM)7057sam Wrote: It's ok better than brewer and China I guess.

I like the point of the show, helping true petrolheads with terminal illness' fix up their cars. Shows you the love some of us have for our cars.....

Thing that gets me about Wheeler Dealers is they show you how you can snap up a 'bargain' and fix it up yet they never include Ed China's labour costs!
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
ok, but what about l/h thread for l/h/side?
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2015, 10:11 AM)pug306driver Wrote: ok, but what about l/h thread for l/h/side?

Something they did back in the day, they assumed the nut would unwind it's self with the rotation of the wheel, so reversed the thread.
Thanks given by:
I haven't come across any reverse bolts on modern cars that I can think of! If I did I'd most likely just shear it off... lol
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2015, 11:03 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I haven't come across any reverse bolts on modern cars that I can think of! If I did I'd most likely just shear it off... lol

I think the last i saw was old tranny or ldv lol
Thanks given by:
Actually, they do way more work than you see on the show. The car gets shipped off to a local garage who do a lot of stuff like servicing, cambelt, changing suspension, etc that never gets shown on the program. A lot of the buying and selling is fake too.
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2015, 11:03 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I haven't come across any reverse bolts on modern cars that I can think of!  If I did I'd most likely just shear it off... lol

Leon/altea with the wipers that park upright have reverse threaded wiper nuts on the passenger side Wink
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2015, 11:03 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I haven't come across any reverse bolts on modern cars that I can think of!  If I did I'd most likely just shear it off... lol

try the retaining screws on the twin HDi cooling fans - - - Dodgy
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Me too, l/h/thread on l/h side!!

So, why did the blagger screw the r/h/side rear mallet on tight spoked wheel "nut" on as if it was a left hand thread ?

Maybe the projectionist put the film in the wrong way, no wait, its video tape these days, yes? so that cannot happen, unless of course its been computer doctored, even any writing in the back ground....waiting for the repeat

Its was only a very quick scene in the show near the end, but I'm nearly sure that's what I saw...

Saw this being done in an earlier show also....different car burt a wire wheel and knock on tight "nut"...mind you I saw the look on the "old sweats" face when the Herald was started minus rad and coolant ( buggered water pump now as no "lub" for the w/pump seal ), but with fan fitted.....
Thanks given by:
Glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like Tim shaw
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I don't have a problem watching Tim Shaw.
Bit of a penis but he is a TV presenter so par for the course.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Why is the stock format 1 guy who's abit of a knob and 1 guy who's a tech wizard.

Can't they find a presenter who's not a tosser, there are a few of them out there.
Thanks given by:
Problem is they need a car show to appeal to non-car people as well, if you just had two clever people using complicated jargon for an hour it makes people feel thick and get bored quickly. Have someone that's more on their level and it widens the audience and engages everyone.

Who would you have as a presenter on a Wheeler Dealers style show?
Thanks given by:
Ed or Fuzz .... i dont see why they need a nobhead like mike/tim anyway, invariably they just come up with the stupid ideas and make the talented bloke ruin the car they just bought

Even for the love of cars has the same structure .... they very nearly ruined some classics but glenister was often talked out of his stupid ideas by Ant
Thanks given by:
Ed, Fuzz and Ant doing a car program together would be good imo...but I wonder if their ideas would clash!?
Thanks given by:
Yea but who would actually do the work, cos none of them really do anything.

(09-11-2015, 11:25 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Who would you have as a presenter on a Wheeler Dealers style show?

Jodie Kidd??

Would make the negotiation side of things faster:

"I want ten grand for this car, and you're going to give it to me aren't you??"
"Yes"
**dribble**
Thanks given by:
Did you see Kidd and Wilson on that terrible classics programme? Made clarkson look like he has a personality

Let jodie stand there and look pretty by all means, let her drive the nuts off the cars ..... but never give her a script to read
Thanks given by:
I'm sure there are other channels and even the internet if you just want to dribble over women...
Thanks given by:
why not one of 'us' volunteer? Wink
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2015, 04:06 PM)thododd Wrote: Did you see Kidd and Wilson on that terrible classics programme? Made clarkson look like he has a personality

Let jodie stand there and look pretty by all means, let her drive the nuts off the cars ..... but never give her a script to read

Works for me, just do like Wheeler Dealers setup:

5 minutes of buying the car with Kidd, 45 minutes of Ed fixing it up, 5 minutes of selling the car.

(09-11-2015, 05:51 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I'm sure there are other channels and even the internet if you just want to dribble over women...

Yea but the Mrs gets a right old hump on if you sit there panting watching grot on the big telly.
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2015, 10:37 AM)r3k1355 Wrote:
(09-11-2015, 05:51 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I'm sure there are other channels and even the internet if you just want to dribble over women...

Yea but the Mrs gets a right old hump on if you sit there panting watching grot on the big telly.

lol Not sure she'd be any more pleased by you dribbling over women on car programs tbf...
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2015, 10:37 AM)r3k1355 Wrote:
(09-11-2015, 04:06 PM)thododd Wrote: Did you see Kidd and Wilson on that terrible classics programme? Made clarkson look like he has a personality

Works for me, just do like Wheeler Dealers setup:

5 minutes of buying the car with Kidd, 45 minutes of Ed fixing it up, 5 minutes of selling the car.

fcuking lol at "big telly" ant erd that turna phase fer a good while Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by: