How Has That Happened!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Has That Happened!?
This is just incredible imho I really am interested in what the he'll happened here haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I don't think there's any way to prove it now, looks like valves got stuck open for whatever reason and then some tit (yes, me... Confused ) kept turning it over... I really should give up with cars lol.

Anyway, I'm going over there tomorrow afternoon so if there is anything else to check let me know before that lol. Or if anyone fancies a winter project track car Rover... Wink
Thanks given by:
Grab a new engine for £100 and slap it in

In regards to the cam timing

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
He's run out of money tbh, can't put any more into it and it's not really in a location for engine swaps either. He doesn't need it now anyway, Mums getting a new car so he'll get hers.

If it's that cheap and easy to fix there should be plenty of interest in it's current state though. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Think again lol
I picked up a 04 plate facelift with the top of the range engine for 500 so a 1.4 with dead engine will be scrap value at best
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I said interest, not value lol. Scrap value is £20 so we're hoping its worth a little more than that. Confused I was expecting around £250ish but we'll see.
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2015, 12:56 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I said interest, not value lol.  Scrap value is £20 so we're hoping its worth a little more than that. Confused  I was expecting around £250ish but we'll see.

but you've had your hands on it !

and we all know its worthless now and your going to have to pay to get rid of it Tongue

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(09-11-2015, 12:58 PM)cully Wrote:
(09-11-2015, 12:56 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I said interest, not value lol.  Scrap value is £20 so we're hoping its worth a little more than that. Confused  I was expecting around £250ish but we'll see.

but you've had your hands on it !

and we all know its worthless now and your going to have to pay to get rid of it Tongue

Well, I nearly had to pay £50 to scrap the HDi shell this time so it wouldn't surprise me!

If it doesn't make 'some' value it'll stay there anyway, has sat there unused for 3 years, they aren't that bothered by it's presence lol, it really irritated me sat there though, not my problem anymore, they're welcome to live in their own mess. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Hi Tom, I,ve no time to digest the valve timing today, but its usual for the inlets to open btdc and close abdc, just as is the inlets  being larger dia than the exhausts.

Will go and have a look at the timing degrees before close time.

The inlets are not all open when the engine is at rest, so some "loss of timing" ( although all inlets may have been "sticky" and remained open , ie not closed by the springs ) issue caused the inlets to touch the pistons ( other way round really ) , but how did the exhausts survive ? maybe the key is missing from that cam, or bottom drive sprocket, sheared even.....have a look see...

which engine is it as there is a variable valve timing one in the data list???
Thanks given by:
Its a K1414, not VVC or anything like that. Cams still had pins (what you call a key I assume?) so not that. Didn't get the chance to look at the lower pulley before it got dark. However I did notice there are exhaust valve marks on a couple of the pistons, so looks like some of those did touch without bending... I'm going to go with the sticky valve scenario tbh, really don't think the timing was out myself. The car has now been readied for sale if anyone wants it, overpriced because I simply don't know what its worth and don't want to under-price it lol, open to offers of course. Gumtree really ruins pic quality. Confused

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto...1141582833
Thanks given by:
see the exploded view of the bottom pulley, cam belt drive, may be common key similar to pug, all valves being "sticky" is not that likely, but shit does happen.....I would suspect incorrectly timed, may have been 180 degrees out. not much tiome again today as researching for interview tomorrow, the morons in jc+ know less than me, found info on retraining, been banging my head about retraining for ages, they say they have no funding but guess what, ive found out funding is available, bloddy morons.....
Thanks given by:
Unless it's been 180 degrees out from the factory that's unlikely. Tongue

Good luck with the interview. Smile
Thanks given by: