I've bought a german

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've bought a german
Well, found a 306 replacement... it's nowhere near a fun, fair bit quicker and comfier mind! 

[Image: image_zps9afvptel.jpeg]

Needs a good polish up, other than that going to pretty much leave it as it is... still keeping my eyes open for another ph1. 
330i, 180,000 miles, loads of service history with the main bits done... got it for £800 with a years mot so as long as it lasts a year it'll have done a half decent job! 
Things to do -
sort out the heater blower
give it a good service
clean it

then she should be good!
Thanks given by:
keep an eye on ANY rust... especially those front wings ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2015, 09:20 PM)Piggy Wrote: keep an eye on ANY rust... especially those front wings ThumbsUp

Mm they're a bastard for it, this has been the best out of the ones i veiwed... both front wings are spotless, drivers side rear wing is pretty bad to be honest, i'll have to get some quotes.
Thanks given by:
Already calling it "she" sh*t man careful you don't stray too far to the dark side or you may be lost forever!
Puglove FTW!
Which PH1 you looking for?
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2015, 10:55 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: Already calling it "she" sh*t man careful you don't stray too far to the dark side or you may be lost forever!
Puglove FTW!
Which PH1 you looking for?

haha - no chance!
Ideally another sigma dturbo... crashed mine a couple of weeks ago   Doh
Thanks given by:
Yup! I'd have another one too!
Thanks given by:
Crikey, didn't realise that E46 330i's were down to just £800 now! Even allowing for the slightly high mileage, assuming that's half decent that sounds like a lot of car for the money.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2015, 10:06 AM)powerandtorque Wrote: Crikey, didn't realise that E46 330i's were down to just £800 now!  Even allowing for the slightly high mileage, assuming that's half decent that sounds like a lot of car for the money.

Tell me bout it! Theres a few little bits that need sorting - but it'll still go from a to b without them being sorted... and it does go bloody well!
Thanks given by:
You've definitely got a bargain there provided there's no nasties hiding, I would strongly recommend checking the rear subframe and mounts for cracks if you haven't already though
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
How bad is the oil leak?
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2015, 10:53 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: You've definitely got a bargain there provided there's no nasties hiding, I would strongly recommend checking the rear subframe and mounts for cracks if you haven't already though

Cant see any signs of cracking yet... probably will get some of the reinforcement plates anyway. Theres been a couple other things come to light but nothing too major yet! Yours looks smart... what sort of mpg are you getting? 

(04-11-2015, 11:38 AM)Jiffy Wrote: How bad is the oil leak?

haha ehhh?
Thanks given by:
It got an advisory for an engine oil leak on 5th October.
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2015, 06:33 PM)Jiffy Wrote: It got an advisory for an engine oil leak on 5th October.

you know the car then?  Rofl

im lost..
Thanks given by:
You can search for MOT history of cars without the reference number now Tongue
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2015, 06:46 PM)WukaChop Wrote: You can search for MOT history of cars without the reference number now Tongue

ahh explains a lot! haha.. oil leaks not bad, mot bloke being picky imo
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2015, 06:05 PM)laurence_13 Wrote:
(04-11-2015, 10:53 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: You've definitely got a bargain there provided there's no nasties hiding, I would strongly recommend checking the rear subframe and mounts for cracks if you haven't already though

Cant see any signs of cracking yet... probably will get some of the reinforcement plates anyway. Theres been a couple other things come to light but nothing too major yet! Yours looks smart... what sort of mpg are you getting? 

Cheers, getting around 26 average but I've got a fairly short commute - drops a fair bit driving around town but will fairly happily sit at 40 on the MW (speed dependent obviously)

Looks to be on stock suspension, a set of eibach sportline springs would do it the world of good, should feel less 'rolly' too. A full 4 wheel alignment would also make a huge difference if it hasn't had one in a while.
Thanks given by:
(05-11-2015, 10:39 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Cheers, getting around 26 average but I've got a fairly short commute - drops a fair bit driving around town but will fairly happily sit at 40 on the MW (speed dependent obviously)

Looks to be on stock suspension, a set of eibach sportline springs would do it the world of good, should feel less 'rolly' too. A full 4 wheel alignment would also make a huge difference if it hasn't had one in a while.

Ah right! Doesnt sound too bad... mine sits around 26 too, haven't had the chance to take it on a long run yet! I'll have a look into it.. thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
Christ thats a lot of car for £800! Hope its reliable for you. More so than a french car lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(05-11-2015, 09:31 PM)Niall Wrote: Christ thats a lot of car for £800! Hope its reliable for you. More so than a french car lol

Seems okay so far! My dturbo never let me down though... so it's got a lot to live up to!
Thanks given by:
Just keep an eye on the bits that haven't been replaced really, cooling system (mainly header tank) as they're plastic and can split if they're still original, the radiators can bow in the middle etc.. but they're getting on a bit now 15ish years old. Preventative maintenance as always should keep it reliable
Thanks given by:
Nice little upgrade to the pug! Bargain too!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(05-11-2015, 10:47 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Just keep an eye on the bits that haven't been replaced really, cooling system (mainly header tank) as they're plastic and can split if they're still original, the radiators can bow in the middle etc.. but they're getting on a bit now 15ish years old. Preventative maintenance as always should keep it reliable

Just done rad, expansion tank, water pump and thermostat so touch wood they'll be alright!

(08-11-2015, 12:27 AM)Matt Wrote: Nice little upgrade to the pug! Bargain too!

Cheers Smile
Thanks given by:
Should be all the main stuff done then! I think the only other things that are common are the CCV system, if you notice a bit of mayo around the cap it's probably time to change it (they only last about 7 years before getting clogged due to our 'moist' climate)
Thanks given by:
Looks like a great buy for £800, nice one. That MPG would kill me though - I guess you get some serious oomph for it though so I'm sure I'd soon forget about it
Thanks given by:
800 !!

Nice one mate Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by: