Manual Fan Switch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manual Fan Switch
does anyone have a guide on wiring in a slimline fan or have diagrams for newbie in electrics. Want to wire a fan to a switch in the DT

Thanks guys Smile
Thanks given by:
Why not just use standard wiring from it then no wiring to do. Super easy.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2015, 02:38 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Why not just use standard wiring from it then no wiring to do. Super easy.

I had an issue where my standard fans would continuously be on so sacked them off. Could it be a wiring problem?
Thanks given by:
I had a coolant tem sensor fail on my old Diesel 306 and it made the cooling fans stay on, worth checking out.  Either that or the fan swich on the rad has gone.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
Either sensor or wire issue there.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
As above, fix the underlying problem rather than lash it up with a manual switch.

If it's a non-AC model it's probably a failed radiator thermoswitch - about a tenner for a replacement.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
i don't have the original fans so that's why I was gonna wire up a fan to a toggle switch
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2015, 06:52 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: i don't have the original fans so that's why I was gonna wire up a fan to a toggle switch

Still better to sort the problem and use standard wiring for the slimlines etc
Thanks given by:
As above, otherwise what happens when a mate/gf borrows the car and ends up sat in traffic..? Since you're an hdi cone filter advocate i assume you'll be ignoring the advice and continuing regardless, in which case:
You need a high-rated 4-pin relay, 50+ amps ideally, if you've got fans worth fitting. Wire it up as per the diagram on the relay itself, it's about as simple as it gets - one signal feed (switch), one earth, one power feed (battery) and one to the fans. If you can't work it out from the diagram on the relay have a quick google on how relays work, should explain everything, basically the switched side of the relay is the side that should be wired from battery to fans. The fans draw a lot of current, so make sure the wire you use for the power supply is adequate, the signal wire and earth only need the usual 5 amp.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(30-10-2015, 08:21 AM)Poodle Wrote: As above, otherwise what happens when a mate/gf borrows the car and ends up sat in traffic..? Since you're an hdi cone filter advocate i assume you'll be ignoring the advice and continuing regardless, in which case:
You need a high-rated 4-pin relay, 50+ amps ideally, if you've got fans worth fitting. Wire it up as per the diagram on the relay itself, it's about as simple as it gets - one signal feed (switch), one earth, one power feed (battery) and one to the fans. If you can't work it out from the diagram on the relay have a quick google on how relays work, should explain everything, basically the switched side of the relay is the side that should be wired from battery to fans. The fans draw a lot of current, so make sure the wire you use for the power supply is adequate, the signal wire and earth only need the usual 5 amp.

Hdi cone filter advocate? What do you mean by that haha. And yeah I'm gonna try see if a sensor or wiring is at fault then use the existing loom
Thanks given by:
Somebody who thinks a cone filter on an hdi is a good idea, just teasing. I think perhaps i should use smileys more, bit of a harsh/not funny sense of humour lol, doesn't across well on the forum.

Let us know how you get on. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(25-10-2015, 02:37 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: does anyone have a guide on wiring in a slimline fan or have diagrams for newbie in electrics. Want to wire a fan to a switch in the DT

Thanks guys Smile

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wire+a...lCDqElU%3D
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by: