Blower fuse keeps blowing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blower fuse keeps blowing
UEvery time I turn my heater blow on it blows the 30 amp fuse heard this is a common fault but can't seem to find the problem relay ? Or heater controls ?
Thanks given by:
The fan seized?
Thanks given by:
No heaters work for a split second then fuse blows
Thanks given by:
disconect the motor then turn on does it still blow? if it dosent blow i would change the motor as probably partly seized and drawing to many amps to start up
Thanks given by:
Will try that's cheers
Thanks given by:
Still keeps blowing ?
Thanks given by:
Theres a common plug that shorts under the dash, only seen it with dash out though so not sure what access is like.

Also pull the relay and check that's not been arcing and melting shit.
Thanks given by:
Pulled relay out doesn't blow tried a different relay then blows again :/ stared doing it since I changed battery
Thanks given by:
next step i guess is to see if anyone has a wiring diagramme for the heating circuit failing that i wonder if you could rewire a new live to the heater control switch via a relay and fuse? or may have to find a auto electrician
is there anything else the 30 amp fuse feeds or it it just the heater
Thanks given by:
does the heater motor "squeeek" ??
Thanks given by:
No motor doesn't squeak
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a short to earth.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
so, disconnect motor and try, does it still blow fuses.....no, then all ok up to heater motor probably.

re connect heater motor and re try, blows fuses now?? then motor has a problem......30A is a lot of current

I have been told thru this forum that the heater motor is reasonably easy to remove ??

does the motor make a vibrating type noise ( dry bearing just like our computer chip fan motor when it first starts up, noise goes after a minute or two, its the motor bearing as we can see the fan rotating quite slowly at first then spins up, must take it off and lube or bin and fit new one ) and does the motor armature have slack bearings??
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2015, 10:28 AM)vincent1 Wrote: next step i guess is to see if anyone has a wiring diagramme for the heating circuit failing that i wonder if you could rewire a new live to the heater control switch via a relay and fuse? or may have to find a auto electrician
is there anything else the 30 amp fuse feeds or it it just the heater

pre or post April 1987? (I've a Haynes handy here)
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
My relay blew for the heaters so I changed it and they still don't work ??
Thanks given by:
My 6 with the A/C found this problem, When turn on A/C and magnetic clutch operate, The fuse always melt that cause to blower inoperate

After checked, Found the magnetic clutch field coil internal short circuit.
1999 306 GTI-6 PT81 & Remapping
2000 406 SRI 2.0 Turbo 6M/T @ 1 Bar Boosted

[Image: 150521115952.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Sorted was heater control panel
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battery warning light/fuse keeps blowing.HELP Clump1298 8 1,771 03-09-2020, 08:21 AM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  Rear wiper blowing fuse 28 MattDanPug 5 2,440 22-09-2017, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Front fog light bulbs blowing Tidoh2016 2 1,247 13-12-2016, 12:12 AM
Last Post: gurj306