Auto wipers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto wipers
Does anyone know if you can switch auto wipers off..?
Thanks given by:
If you unplug the sensor on the windscreen it will revert to intermittent wipe i believe.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
the stalk on the right hand side on the steering wheel turns the wipers off

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(29-10-2015, 09:17 PM)Niall Wrote: If you unplug the sensor on the windscreen it will revert to intermittent wipe i believe.

Tried that...

Nope. It doesn't work lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
They are a good feature, but just work slightly to poorly to be 'great' too random, too short an interval on them most of the time.
Thanks given by:
The worst part about 306 auto wipers is that you have to turn them on everytime you start the car...that's not how automatic works... lol

I really missed auto-wipers using the Volvo for a week! Intermittent was always either too slow so you couldn't see anything between wipes but constant was too fast OR they were too fast in light rain and screeching across a fairly dry screen. Not to mention not giving a 'mental' swipe when a lorry sprays over you from the opposite direction. Though the Volvo stalk works upside down as well so I could never get the right setting first time anyway. Honestly it wound me right up! lol
Thanks given by:
Photo 
imho, it's just an auto-adjusting optical speed sensor.
My dad's Maestro has an adjuster in the stalk.
[attachment=25625]
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
On my old ph.2 the autowipers were fantastic. That doesn't seem to be everyone's experience though.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Phase 2 auto wipers are pretty good. Maybe not as great as some more modern where you can adjust the sensitivity. But definitely a feature I like on my car.
Thanks given by:
my wipers only work on the second setting, doesn't matter if its tipping it down or bone dry. any ideas?
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2015, 09:17 AM)Toms306 Wrote: The worst part about 306 auto wipers is that you have to turn them on everytime you start the car...that's not how automatic works... lol

You just leave the stalk on auto all the time? Shouldn't need to turn on/off ever if you're happy with them.
Thanks given by: