306 1.8 Auto

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 1.8 Auto
Good afternoon all.
After running a V-plate 1.6 Meridian a few years ago I have just acquired an R-plate 1.8 auto from my cousin as an MOT failure. The idea is for my wife to use it as she only has an automatic licence. It has a couple of minor advisories but the reasons for failure an ARB bush and the airbag light being on. From looking around the internet I see that some pople are lucky and manage to sort this problem fairly quickly but for others it takes a bit more investigating. However I don't actually need  the car on the road ASAP and also it was a freebie so I can take my time sorting it and perhaps spend a little money on it.

I will post some photos when the car is in my possession. Look forward to looking around the forum - I am an enthusiastic member of ukcougar.org for my Ford Cougar and hope to be so on here too.

Cheers

Matt.
Thanks given by:
Airbag light is more often than not the wiring connectors underneath the front seats getting disturbed when the seat is moved back and forth.

Usually unplugging and plugging them back in again fixes the issue.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Super thank you I'll try that first.

Should have it tomorrow so will put some pics up.

Here's one I found of our old Meridian - sadly now scrapped I believe.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/117267644@N05/n9R45i
Thanks given by:
Is it an arb bush or arb link bush? The cheap drop links don't last long, common mot fault and cheap and easy to replace.
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome along Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile

ARB i would suspect drop link. These go often but the actual ARB bushes rarely go
Airbag light, if the light is flashing, its the under seat connectors which is most likely.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys. I am hoping that the car will now be with me sometime early next week. I believe the airbag light remains on constantly after startup. I'll let you know more when I've got the failure sheet (and removed 12 months worth of dirt, as you can guarantee it won't have had a wash in the time he has had it Nospeak)
Thanks given by: