2 stroke not starting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 stroke not starting
Got a petrol strimmer it was brand new in march used it once and it was brilliant fired straight up. Drained tank and put in garage. Now it just wont start no spluttering or anything. Theres strong spark, plugs wet and can smell fumes from exhaust, and air filters clean. But it got no life whatsoever. Been at it all day fresh fuel mix ect but its really puzzling now. Never had problems with 2 strokes after long storage but we are out of ideas now.

Any help?
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Sounds stupid but have you pumped the little primer. If so leave the plug out over night let the fuel in there evaporate. Hold a lighter over the plug to clean that. Leave it till morning. Pump primer and give a go.

Ps old mans strimmer always plays up. Just takes some grunt to start after storage.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
carb gummed with fuel & oil?
my dad had a 2-stroke hedge trimmer, had the same prob. after getting it sorted was advised to drain tank, then run til carb was empty as well.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
When I used have mini motos this was a regular thing. I used to drain all fuel from them, then pull start it 30-40 times so the carb is dry. Clean the plug, fresh fuel but only a little. Normally 2-3 pulls and they were started. Worked every time.
Thanks given by:
just repaird dads strimmer
both fuel pipes in tank were perished also the carb filter was blocked so you couldnt prime the engine as the primer pump would go hard and not move fuel

carb filter was behind the primer bulb within the carb so a carb strip and clean job

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Cheers that confirms what i said to clean carb. ill give it a try its father in law it was drained after use. New plug tryd aswell. I said clean carb but he didn't want to strip it been pretty much brand new but only thing it can be
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
I'll second the carb.

Two stoke oil left over time gums up the needle and diaphragms in the carb.

I always flush out the carb with WD40 after use, to flush the fuel and oil out.
Thanks given by:
Don't use wd40 on your carb, it will break down your rubber gaskets over time! use specified carb cleaner to gut it out before you even pull it again!
Thanks given by:
There isn't any rubber in our carbs.
Thanks given by:
2t strimmer with a priming "bubble", the carb has a small pump ( perry pump ) which has a diaphragm usually, which is most likely made form a rubber like material.

Good spark and compression, and seems to have a wet plug ( which is clean ?? ) and engine "pumps" or breaths........

let us know how you get on. I wonder if........
Thanks given by:
Your float bowl/sump will also have a rubber O-ring gasket to achieve a seal too!
Thanks given by:
no float bowl on a strimmer normaly as it uses the fuel tank as a bowl

there is usably a weighted pick-up which sits in the fuel, and a pressure supply line back from the carb to pressure the tank to force the fuel to the carb once the engine is running Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Cool, too used to bike carbs!
Thanks given by: