Where to find new front brake callipers quite cheap?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to find new front brake callipers quite cheap?
Anyone know where I can find some brand new 266s from?
Thanks given by:
Direct Lucas I'd imagine. Anywhere else will be recon unit now.
Thanks given by:
Wont be cheap though :/ my current set are binding on lthough have had refurb kits
Thanks given by:
Buy a recon unit that a pro has done then, I've bought cars with recon units on with no issues. Smile
Thanks given by:
I was thinking that Tom but where from? Theres carfactors that do them on eBay but nowhere else I can find :/
Thanks given by:
Not sure as I'm too tight to have ever bought any. Tongue

I think ECP/GSF and the like do recon units but not sure on price.
Thanks given by:
They are exchange as well so have to give them your old ones. Got a decent 256 setup here with trw discs and pads for £10 if that helps.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Exactly most of them are exchange which is a PITA, looking for new or fully refurbed ideally mate but cheers! Smile
What would you suggest wise old man Tom? lol
Thanks given by:
I suggest you either give up on the idea or do more research... Not much more I can suggest. lol

Not sure I'm wise though lol, unless you meant the other Tom. Confused
Thanks given by:
Cant give up as need to replace them asap Tom aha, researched loads, cant buy anything else as have some winter 14s too :/
You Tom, you know most things about 306s lol
Thanks given by:
Haha, I'd just buy some known good ones though, wouldn't waste money on new'uns for an old car personally, but I hate spending money that I wont get back lol.

Whats wrong with exchange? You can take them back later on, doesn't have to be instant exchange. If it was me wanting what you do, I'd probably go for these, not cheap though - http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Peugeo...9c2&000048
Thanks given by:
Question is where to get know good ones though :/ £92 each including the surcharge :O aha
Cant be bothered with exchange ones as its hassle!
Thanks given by:
buy some and refurb them yourself.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
BiggRed ?
Thanks given by:
Wouldnt be any good refurbing them myself I dont think aha
Contacted bigred so will see what they say, they do some 406 ones thst use 283x26mm discs
Thanks given by:
Any decent motor factor will do recon units on an exchange basis for reasonable money
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Sweet cheers Jonny, had thought of that but wasn't sure how good they would be.
Thanks given by:
406 calipers will be useless on a 306, they don't fit.

refurbishing isn't hard, just fit new bits where some are worn, clean off the corrosion, paint or zinc coat.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2015, 06:45 AM)MY95 Wrote: Wouldnt be any good refurbing them myself I dont think aha
Contacted bigred so will see what they say, they do some 406 ones thst use 283x26mm discs

Any reason why? There's not much to the front calipers, a piston seal, new sliders (if they're worn) and new slider gaitors. Only bad news you may have is if the piston is buggered.

Try BrakesInternational too. They do refurbed calipers on exchange and are quick. 

Other than that, have you tried working the 'binding' caliper? I had one recently, and sorted it by splitting the caliper from the carrier, pushing piston back in with clamp slowly, and pumping it back out onto a suitably sized piece of wood via the pedal. Did this a few times and worked a treat since.
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
Tbh if you can't be arsed with the hassle of putting the old unit back in the box and taking it back to the factors when you're finished, then just changing the caliper is probably a bit beyond you. Alternatives include mtfu'ing and refurbishing the ones you've got, or being more realistic about parts prices. Also, bear in mind the surcharge will come back after you return the old ones. Wink

Personally i'd recommend bigg red, they've always done well by me. Have a go, it's not hard, just do your research and be methodical.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Its not that i cant be arsed Poodle, its more i havent got the time, I love messing on with the car and stuff but free time for car things is very short at the moment, hence not wanting to be posting any back either. 
Bigred have said £75 for standard refurbishment, which is about the same price as two fully refurbed ones posted!
Yes but you still have to pay the postage to give them back in the first place, no good motorfactors near me unfortunately!
Thanks given by:
There's a ECP in Gateshead, Andrew Page near Lemington and behind the stadium, Tyneside factors, Newbridge Autoparts, SJ Auto factors....

How many do you need? lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I've got a set of gti6 front calipers discs, pads and braided line if your interested, all in perfect working order only covered about 4k mile.

[Image: DSC_0129_zpsxvasx11i.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0130_zpsqzpweftu.jpg]
SC GTI6 - Sold 
1984 Ford Capri - Current Money Pit Rofl

Thanks given by:
Need ones closer than that as I actually live halfway between Hexham and Newcastle aha.
ECP charge £ra*e for callipers unfortunately! 
Thanks for the offer mate but need 266s as have 14s for winter wheels at the moment
Thanks given by:
Ive some good secondhand ones if you want to go down that route. Other than that call into your local motorfactors and get them to give you a price on new/recon units.
Thanks given by:
"Can't be bothered" were your words originally, not mine lol. Half way between Hexham and Newcastle, so about 5 miles out then... Mince mince mince mince mince
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Cant be bothered with exchange callipers not refurbing them myself Poodle Tongue read it again Tongue
And actually, its just over 15 miles either way for me to go to Hexham or Newcastle, with 10 miles to Durham.  
Ive had one side refurbed, and its still binding on, any ideas? This is why I think I may need more than just callipers? had a new flexi hose on that side too.
Thanks given by:
Changing parts singly is never a good idea tbh. Confused New caliper shouldn't bind though, have you tried pushing the piston right back again and let it re-adjust?

15 miles isn't that far at 60/70, sure its about that to my local ECP. Tongue
Thanks given by:
One refurbed one on the rear which is free, one brand new one on the rear other side which is even more free, then the front two which are binding on like hell :/
If I can find some 15s for winter tyres I will just be putting on some refurbed GTI6 ones with parts from big red I think.
But need these done asap as the car is chugging through the fuel compared to usual :/
That has been done and still playing funny buggers Tom :/ master cylinder? Servo isn't working fully as after a good pumps from a few mph the pedal goes hard and getting the brakes to stop is a lot harder! But ive never had it do that when doing any decent speed.
Thanks given by:
Could be a master cylinder seal not returning properly but they are split diagonally so shouldn't make both fronts bind.

The servo issue won't cause them to bind but check your vacuum pipe as it's probably broken.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which callipers will fit under my c5 "steelies?" Xsikid 6 3,215 05-06-2017, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Xsikid
  Disconnecting rear brake lines at the front Iaitoo 21 3,941 04-06-2016, 08:22 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  New Cheap Front Lucas Calliper Suggestions MY95 4 1,145 19-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Last Post: titch