Help with insurance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with insurance
Hi guys how someone can help with this

So the Mrs car was parked outside our house yesterday and one our old lady neighbours decided to reverse into it    

Now there isn't a huge amount of damage, paint is fine it looks as though it will just pop out it may just need the rub strip fixing

We spoke to the woman last night and said that Id get a couple of quotes from local bodywork places (one being owned by a mate) to see what cost it would be to do outside of insurance to save the hassle and she agrees to it

Got a phone call this morning from her insurance company saying they are going to come round and collect the car to take away for repair?!

Where do we stand with this as its her pride and joy and she doesn't want it to get written off or any other damage while it's away

Am I right in thinking because it isn't her fault then we can say they have to cx and inspect it here, and that they can't write it off?

Appreciate your help guys

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
DO not let them take the car!
You were not at fault so providing its safe to do so they must put you back in the same position you were before the crash. They won't tell you this though as it will probably be cheaper and easier to just pay out for a new car.
Tell them you want an assessor to come and look at the car or you want to take it to their approved bodyshop. If they take the car, it will be more difficult to get back.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
As Niall says, also i would be pissed at the old codger for saying one thing and doing another!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Yeah as niall says. Deal with your insurance company do NOT let them take your car.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2015, 09:34 AM)Niall Wrote: DO not let them take the car!
You were not at fault so providing its safe to do so they must put you back in the same position you were before the crash. They won't tell you this though as it will probably be cheaper and easier to just pay out for a new car.
Tell them you want an assessor to come and look at the car or you want to take it to their approved bodyshop. If they take the car, it will be more difficult to get back.

Thought this was the case, we've already got the details of the body shop that they are going to use. They are supposed to be in contact today so will tell them then that either I will take it to them to assess or they can send an assessor out to come and see it.

(24-10-2015, 09:37 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: As Niall says, also i would be pissed at the old codger for saying one thing and doing another!

Tell me about it mate f*cking annoying because I could have had it sorted by Monday, now it's waiting on someone else that's going to take longer and cost more to fix and it's going to someone that i don't have as much confidence in to repair it

Last time they had one of our work vans at the same place it came back with more damage
Thanks given by:
Deal with YOUR insurance only, specify where you want it sent, you have more power as your the innocent party so you can call the shots as to where you want it repaired.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
This ^ my insurance took my coupe away when someone drove into the back of it, didn't really think much of it at the time as they told me they would deliver it back to me after the damage was assessed by them. Well nearly 4 months later and being let down by various people and spending hours on the phone im still no closer to getting it back without my own insurance trying to charge me £290 to deliver my own car back. 

Refuse any attempts to collect it, do everything on your own terms like I wished I had
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by: