HDi sedan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDi sedan
I have had this project in my mind for a long time, but now I am ready to get in project section.
As some might know I have red ph3 HDi sedan. I am user of this car for 1 and a half years now. In this time I have had a lot of good drives in it, a lot of adventures, a lot of problems, mostly small, but some a bit bigger.
Thing that motivated me to start project thread, was Nurburgring 2016. I want to go there, ideally next year, but will see that.
So, how to start list of things that are needed?  Rofl
  • rear beam - refurbished or repair existing one
  • front springs and shocks - would love to get uprated with slight height drop 
  • engine remap, or even change - due to mileage (close to 260k miles), still stage 1 could be ok
  • regular maintenance - in spring (air, oil, fuel, and cabin air filters, new engine and gearbox oil), probably timing belt as well as water pump.
  • Brake upgrades - new discs and pads
  • R15 alloy or C5 steel-alloys wheels with better than average tires - on spring, because need new tires for summer
  • newer front seats - existing ones have been badly worn out.
  • a lot of electrical gremlin fixes - don't know where to start, but will list eventually
  • exhaust fix - now it has big leak and sounds like ricer, but is not dragging on ground, so will fix, when snow will rip it off.
  • MOT - next spring most worrying thing would be rust under front doors, maybe something else
  • front bumper change or repair - this one has been damaged couple of times, but still holds ok.
  • Gearbox and clutch - maybe just gear linkages, but clutch should be on to do list as well.
  • Battery should be on my list as well
  • Need to fix wiper motor, so it stops where it should stop.
  • Coolant change
To things that have been done recently
  • Changed to winter tires
  • Replaced voltage regulator on alternator
  • Replaced all front light bulbs after 18V in the system when voltage regulator was joking with me
  • Rust repair
  • Spare wheel carriage screw loosened so I can get to spare wheel
  • Center console painted

Actual pictures of car - https://picasaweb.google.com/11142670144...Peugeot306
Thanks given by:
Cool plan, will be following your project Smile
Thanks given by:
So, need for update on this thread, because a fair few things have been done on my car recently.

Lastly I had battery changed, old one was some old battery that I got in to drive around, and it was one of the longest most temporary fixes I have had with this car - couple of time dials want to almost max (indicator of low battery), but I still went on, but before this winter treated it with new battery. 

Also exhaust broke in half, but because after 2 days I had scheduled beam repair, I didn't even bothered fixing it before that.

The day, when beam got rebuilt. I was used to really firm rear ride, when almost only suspension you got in the rear was in the tires. After rebuild I felt like rear end is really wobbly and unstable, but winter R14 tires aren't helping to improve handling as well. Pictures will happen soon - with before and after shots of rear beam, before rebuild I had quite a lot of tire rub on inside wheel liners, and at that point I knew that time to repair has come. 

As of lately I have about 5 degrees of steering freespin (?), it seems like all of it is in the steering rack, rather than linkages that lead to it. Do I need to replace steering rack or something else? 

What parts should I replace or check before making a 4 wheel alignment? I know that really you get 2 wheel alignment, but I heard that it is better to check what rear tires do as well.

Also what might might be different in the clutch cable for hdi from RHD to LHD car? just lenght or construction as well? Because cable I have now - first of all broke plastic pin that held it in place and after that I fastened it with screw, but would want to get it replaced when doing clutch.

That might be a short list of things that I have done to it, and things that are on the "to do list".
Thanks given by:
Clutch cable for a LHD car is much shorter compared to a RHD
Thanks given by: