Fuel system

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel system
righto, i'm sorting out all the niggles before they happen (or trying to)

i'm putting a PH3 1.4 into my PH1 car, it currently has a feed and return line as was spi, the mpi engine iirc has the Fuel pressure regulator at the pump or some such nonsense, so am i right in thinking i can just plumb in an FPR in the engine bay, plumb the return to well... return lol and run the single to the rail?

and if so, what kind of pressure is right for it? does it matter if it's a 3 or 4 bar one?
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
Just a thought if you're using a ph3 306 1.4 tu I'm going to assume most wiring clips are different with all the later systems that Peugeot added in their own brand of wisdom and you will probs have to change quite a few clips so wouldn't a much later / younger 1.4 tu work like a 307/308 if there was a 1.4 or a 207/208 1.4???? Poss small citreon? Got to think if it's poss and you're going to do it anyway maybe you could source a much newer engine to fit???? No??? Driveshaft size will differ but can't think what else would stop you??? Eh ignition and imob system too...
Thanks given by:
Technically yes you could source and run a much later engine, it would all depend on wiring it all in, immo isn't such an issue as you just get the ecu unlocked, driveshafts would differ vastly, so would have to be custom, so £££

the point though is that i already have the PH3 engine and management, it was cheap, it will work, as the wiring won't be much different, and shares the plugs to the interior loom (whether any wires do different things i've yet to find out) it will use the same gearbox, the same cooling system, etc, i just need to know about the fuel pressure...
Thanks given by:
More pressure = more skids Wink
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Yeah man I kinda thought u probs had the engine already, just wondering after reading your post!
Thanks given by:
Currently doing a similar thing but going from a ph1 1.4 to a ph3 1.6, does anyone happen to have a fuel system diagram for both the ph1 and the ph3 as im currently trying to determine the differences in the pipework between the two .. seeing as the ph1 has a feed, return and a third whereas the ph3 doesnt seem to have a return.
Thanks in advance.
Thanks given by:
the Ph3 has a fuel pressure regulator at the tank, so it only needs a feed, get a PH3 fuel pump and reg imo, save the pissing around like i had with fuel pressures / finding the right rail for the job,
Thanks given by: