Worse car ever owned

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worse car ever owned
Pete Wrote:1999 Vectra GSI, Weirdly the most expensive car I've ever owned aswell. Looked and sounded great(IMO)but was a complete money-pit of a thing...hubs,flywheels,gearboxs,sensors and loads of other bits that I can't remember. Eventually it commited suicide-by-cambelt and I took a 6k hit selling it on as spare-or-repair. :roll:

[Image: TheGSI.jpg]
These are sexy as feck mate! A man has got one near where I work, keeps in polished, immaculate and spotless every friggin' day it's Venetian green and an absolute stunner. If only they made them in rear wheel drive then they would be perfect!

Jonny b Wrote:My worse most unreliable car was a Citroen visa gt ha ha!! Most of you probably don't even know what that is!!

Yeah it's the same as an AX.
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:
Jonny b Wrote:My worse most unreliable car was a Citroen visa gt ha ha!! Most of you probably don't even know what that is!!

Yeah it's the same as an AX.

Nope, the AX was a different model. It shared a lot of parts with the Pug 104, Talbot Samba and Citroen LNA Wink

Can't remember the last time I saw a Visa, my grandad had a Visa GTI, same engine as the 205 1.6 GTI. Went like stink Big Grin
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Mine was a mk4 astra had every sensor changed in that piece of crap
Ejr
Air temp
crank
Lamba
Cam
You name it just kept going into limp home mode so I put on swapz pretend I knew nothing about cars as you do and did a stright swap for my 306dtub prior to all that I. Had
Vauxhall nova
Vauxhall cav
saxo vtr
And I also curently own a suzuki vitara fatboy
Thanks given by:
The first Micra I had was AMAZING - surprisingly quick, handled OK, looked like a POS.

The next one, the return to the middle of neutral from 1st-2nd position is broken, it rattles, handles like a POS, stupidly slow, the fuel gauge talks shit, looks WANK, is the BOATIEST car ever, the seats are horrible. It's just a HATEFUL car, the first one was AWESOME, same car basically, but facelifted, WANK.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
mine has to be a 1.8 rsi 16v clio. every other week it was in the garage for something.
but when it was running right boy was that a fast car.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Was it a Clio RSI with the 1.8 8v or a Clio 16v with the 1.8 16v?

Cos the 16v RSI didnt exist unless it was a conversion?

I'm guessing it was a proper 16v cos RSI's were crap as standard

FAIL EDIT: just realised the facelift mk1s did come with a 16v engine lol oops

WIN EDIT: i was right after all, there was never a 1.8 16v rsi, there was a mk2 1.6 16v rsi though
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
A 306
Thanks given by:
Fiat Punto 60s, Loved to leak oil and snap aux belts.
Thanks given by:

Yep, remember those
[Image: 20120110_141823-1-1-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ford Probe, it never ran right the year i drove it and by the end it was burning a litre of oil a week.
[Image: 20120110_141823-1-1-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They were hateful cars
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
worst car i ever 'drove', as ive only ever owned 306's and they are all amazing.... would have to be a Seat Ibzia, rented for a few weeks in tenerife - HORRIBLE!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Yeah worse car i drove was the astra 1.3 cdti (works pool car) what a heap have seen more power in a lawnmower you could forget pulling out of a junction
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've loved all the cars I've owned for one reason or another however the worst car I've ever driven was between a 2010 Kia ceed 1.6 estate and the 2008 skoda roomster 1.4 tdi estate I had the other day as a courtesy car. That thing was so gutless it's untrue and it still managed to torque steer when hooning it off the lights. And the seating position was terrible tithe point where im considering suing skoda for a replacement spine!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Mk1 Astra 1.3 estate. Bought at auction for winter running, a month later big ends went.
was advised would be poss other work too.
bought a recon engine + fitting. 1st service by fitting firm resulted in oil dribble (filter not tight), then drinking oil, (fauly batch vlve stem seals), refused rework until I threatened legal action.
ARB tie rod failed whilst cornering, almost t-boned car at junction.
blower motor developed squeal, water in rear lights,
next spring, failed MOT, -screen, h/lamps, tyres, rusty sills 7 tirrets, brake lines, etc, etc.
mind, it did pass one thing, the emissions test.
Flogged it asap, spares or repair.
Bought a D-reg 205 derv instead. (a far better car)
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many 306's do you own or have you owned? Redordead89 51 6,653 06-06-2016, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Silky
  I've taxed worse.... Dum-Dum 18 3,734 08-04-2016, 07:41 PM
Last Post: swampy
  The best 306 i have ever owned. Ollie 15 3,216 11-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Pug-Mike