Decent brand batteries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decent brand batteries
Not for the 306 but it's fairly irrelevant, what brands of batteries are we saying are decent these days? Heard differing opinions recently
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bosch \thread
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
See, I'd always assumed Bosch is decent for basically everything. But swear someone on here recently said their battery was shit, maybe it was a specific model I'm thinking of?
Thanks given by:
Not the bosch S5 silverline... it has a warranty but mine only lasted a year.
Thanks given by:
This is what I'm thinking, cba swapping out batteries every 12 months and sending it away.
Thanks given by:
I've had no end of issues with Bosch Silver batteries and wouldn't touch them with a barge pole, particularly on anything that wasn't in regular use. From what I can tell they seem fine on anything that's used regularly, but put them on anything that gets used more sporadically and allows the battery to partly discharge (or do something silly like leave the lights on so the battery goes flat) and the Bosch's just die and never recover the ability to take/hold charge.

Personally? I would just buy whatever comes with a decent warranty from a local supplier so that in the unlikely event it does fail you can easily get it swapped out.

That's what I used to do after the Bosch fiasco where I had three die on me within a few months, and I never had another failure even on no-names batteries. That said, for the last few years now I've been using a stockpile of batteries that I've removed from cars that I've broken and the only ones that have given me grief doing that have been - yep you've guessed it - Bosch Silvers....
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Well that's pretty much confirmed my thoughts, I'll more than likely get one from ECP as they're local so taking it back shouldn't be an issue if I need to and can get another 10% off atm.

From what I can see they offer Lion, Duracell and Bosch. Lion looks alright, 3 year warranty 78AH and 700CCA
Thanks given by:
Niall will be along soon to tell you to only buy Yuasa and that Bosch are terrible. lol

I've used 2 Bosch S5s without issue but others dont seem to hve the same experience lol.
Thanks given by:
Another vote against bosch, appalling lifetime and over priced. Ecp do exide which are better than the bosch for a lot less. Varta are another good brand. Lion are ok, but for a slight increase in price I'd have exide.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I wanted exide but ECP don't seem to list one for my car

EDIT: scrap that, there was a page 2 Tongue
Thanks given by:
I've got bosch blue batteries in the estate and dt and i've not had any issue with them as of yet. We fit a lot of bosch batteries at work and dont seem to have any issue tbh
Thanks given by:
I always forget ECP has extra pages as well lol, they need to make numbers more obvious! lol
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2015, 12:32 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I always forget ECP has extra pages as well lol, they need to make numbers more obvious! lol

Yeah it was hardly obvious haha, although the first page is all there 'recommended' products read: most expensive lol
Thanks given by:
Another vote here for exide, seem to be great for the money.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Exide or Yuasa for me. Would never touch Bosch with a barge pole now!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Got an exide being delivered today, £63 posted.. not bad tbh! Cheers dudes
Thanks given by:
That's interesting, I've a bosch battery in my rarely used '6 that gets periods of little use with the occasional trickle charge and it's fine.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Bosch & Panasonic They work fine although rarely use !
1999 306 GTI-6 PT81 & Remapping
2000 406 SRI 2.0 Turbo 6M/T @ 1 Bar Boosted

[Image: 150521115952.jpg]

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  weightsaving/race batteries? impotentials 2 1,285 30-06-2017, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Rippthrough