Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.4 engine, ALLOY block with ported head, etc.
About time my old engine went out of the door since it's been sat upstairs in the workshop doing sweet FA Big Grin

It's an early 1.4 with the lighter alloy block rather than steel - saving 23kg just in the block alone over the later iron blocked TU's.
 It's fitted with a heavily reworked cylinder head from a 205XS (same head but with a slightly perkier cam as standard), the inlets are enlarged a touch but the flow pattern altered substantially with a lot of work on the SSR and seat area - including backfilling for reshaping - which along with chamber work and a matching skim to bring compression up to 10.4 to 1 rather than the stock 9.3 helps performance right across the range, bottom to top.
With the matching port and chamber work you can run this compression fine at standard timings, just run on 97 ron instead of 95.

Exhaust ports are similar to stock size to keep flow speed up and prevent reversion (I was originally intending for a lumpier cam and throttle bodes with a Megasquirt ECU - both the latter are for sale too) but to match the inlets they are heavily reworked where the seat transitions into the port, which is quite poor on stock heads.
 However, it is due for some new valve guides, as the inlets are shortened to match the port and getting a little tired by now.

Bottom end is pretty standard, compression was fine last time I checked it, it had new bottom end bearings ~ 6 years ago just because I had some to hand and was replacing crank seals, had a headgasket around the same time. Cambelt was done about 8k ago along with water pump and pullies, and it's been run on decent fully synth whilst I had it - Castrol 10w60 Racing in the sump at the minute.
 Comes with ported inlet manifold that matches the head (for single point injection, but the same pattern as the Solex carbs so they can be used instead), throttle body + injector, exhaust manifold, alternator, starter, coil pack, etc.

Doesn't have the flywheel as that is for sale in another thread with the kevlar clutch. I might split if you only want the head, etc.

£110 ono

Will get an engine pic later, this is from when the head was done/fitted:

[Image: head2.jpg]
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  205 stdt block and head- free rryan 0 727 05-07-2016, 12:32 PM
Last Post: rryan
  FOR SALE: UPDATED! PRICES LOWERED! 306 DT XUD9 1.9 Parts Clearout! Ported+Polishd head, rad etc nollafnhoj 10 2,787 08-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Last Post: nollafnhoj
  project engine d8a block 11mm pump hdi rods decomp pistons Teddy 3 1,210 27-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Teddy