new design of brakes... but years ago?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new design of brakes... but years ago?!
see video...

https://youtu.be/VTFX1wTA7AU?t=10m55s

clearly an old video...wonder why they never went into full production or even into motor racing!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Vid not working for me man.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
works fine here.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2015, 06:36 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Vid not working for me man.

It's cos you're in cornwall Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Expensive... wouldnt be easy to mass produce either, there is wayyy too much time/engineering involved Confused

Surely you can't improve on perfection, i think they were looking too far into something there. The idea is nice but they went to town on the development :o
Wouldn't 6pot, ceramic disc, brembos be better stoppers with (i dunno really) a decent intelligent ABS system?
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
It all goes wrong eventually being friction parts and I wouldnt fancy the replacement cost either, and with composite bodies on racing cars becoming lighter and more common these days there's no need to revolutionise a braking system that works, just tweak the components to suit as above!
Thanks given by:
Kers is the answer, not pointless big brakes
Thanks given by:
i heard about these aaaages ago, price was a big factor, and the fact that they were fiddly, overly complicated compared to normal calipers and discs, F1 had looked at similar ideas, like having 2 calipers per wheel, one leading and one trailing, but again, complicated and pointless once better carbon ceramic materials came in
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
Too heavy when you try to get the required stiffness out of them, and often the pad interface temperature isn't an issue until the bulk temperatures are high, and as it doesn't help shed heat from the discs, so it's not going to help with that.

Also, because of the guides under the hub, you can't have the wheels inset as much, so you compromise your suspension for a given track width.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Design fault on ph3 Jukie88 22 7,669 24-04-2018, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Orta
  306 design "improvements" Magenta Sunset 13 3,441 14-04-2018, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Orta
  do we have club flyers/would anyone want to design some? Magenta Sunset 13 3,194 31-10-2016, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum