What wiring can be removed? Help please!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What wiring can be removed? Help please!
After some advice please guys Smile
Stripping the car out for track use and wanted a few pointers on which wires can be removed.
All im wanting is to be able to open the doors with the key and start the engine, don't want to take something out and not be able to start the car!

This lot is from the map light and a black dome thing (sensor of some sort?)...
[Image: Roof%20wiring_zpsckbprmdg.jpg]
...traced it down the pillar to this plug, can this be removed without any issues?
[Image: Roof%20wiring%20plug_zpsy7qqphfw.jpg]

Found this plug, whats it for and can it be removed as its hanging by a thread!
[Image: Broke%20wire_zpskesfmuul.jpg]
Traced it back and it goes across into the passenger footwell, its the bottom black wire in the passenger footwell
[Image: Interior%201_zpsmwhdfcae.jpg]

Whats for what here!?!
Iv taken the airbag box out and traced the wires from that to the seat airbags. Theres still some orange wires there, are these for the seatbelt tensioners? Can these be removed? Needs to be able to pass an MOT.
What else can come out? I assume in this lot theres fuelpump, rear lights, rear abs sensors?
[Image: Floor%20wiring_zpsxkifmzql.jpg]

In the A-pillars theres a sensor (assume for alarm/immobiliser sysytem) can these be removed?
Behind the rear view mirror theres a black box with wiring that runs down the passenger side A-pillar, whats this for? along with an earthng wire which earths on the shell behind the map light housing, can these both be removed?

Sorry if these are all silly questions but wiring isn't my cup of tea lol!
Thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
If it's purely going to be for track use, I'd carefully remove everything before wiring back in only what you want operational. All orange wires inside are airbag/pretensioner, they can go. The wiring up the A-Pillar to the map light and central locking sensor (black dome thingy) can also go. That bodge by the airbag ECU isn't standard AFAIK, bin it.

The Haynes will help identify what goes where, but be aware that the wiring colours may be wrong, trust the numbers!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
the item in pic 3, are the antenna wires for the radio, so they can go too Smile
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
ite oblong bit Great pictures, can see what's what and  where etc. now,  keep them coming, but sorry, cant help with the wiring....

the white oblong bit on the near side, to do with the air vent, on the bulkhead, is that a pollen filter??

also in the last picture, the alloy electrics box just forward of the "box channel" mid point between the driver door pillar and the passenger door pillar, what is that please??
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the info guys,at least I can get started on it!
Really want to take the whole loom out and go through it that way but Im not sure if I dare attempt it lol!!

"also in the last picture, the alloy electrics box just forward of the "box channel" mid point between the driver door pillar and the passenger door pillar, what is that please??"

The silver box, bottom right along the sill? Thats the seatbelt tensioner I believe.
Thanks given by:
the silver sill box's are side impact sensors for the airbag system Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
The white thing isn't a pollen filter, its one of the heater control flaps, there aren't any pollen filters on 306s.
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2015, 02:42 PM)cully Wrote: the silver sill box's are side impact sensors for the airbag system Wink

Ah right, there coming out then!
Thanks given by:
that's probably why I cant find a pollen filter then lol.......
Thanks given by:
still got the sensor in pic 1? i'm after one atm, care to chuck it on ebay?
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
You can have it when I take it out, just cover the postage.
Infact trying to get rid of a lot of stuff out the car as the local tip won't take it!
Thanks given by: