Ph1 White GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ph1 White GTi6
So i kept this quiet but i have traded my 106 GTi for this Ph1 GTi6. Its already had some work done like...

Fast road cams, lightened flywheel, Straight through to back box, braided fuel lines, 1.8 16v gearbox (will put a 6 speed back on, Brembo 4 pots, braided brake lines, Stud conversion, Morette lights, smoothed grill and so on.

It came with a few spares as well like a head, pas pump, lights and a mix of other things. it needs work but everyone should own a 6' at some point right? so thought it was about time i did :Smile like it and i hope you guys do to.  

Thanks given by:
Get rid of the morrettes and that'll look sweet
Thanks given by:
Potential there, I'd personally try and return it more to standard/OEM spec... That spoiler looks awful but a white ph1.. Man after my heart there!
Thanks given by:
Spoilers a bit marmite
Thanks given by:
Aha I was wandering what happened to this after seeing it advertised. Does it not have that interesting inlet manifold anymore?

Nice buy anyway, you don't see enough ph1 gti6 Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
yeah spoiler will be changed for a standard gti one Smile i like the Morettes think it sets it off well, I'm going to try source a gti interior so its a bit more standard inside

(20-09-2015, 08:45 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Aha I was wandering what happened to this after seeing it advertised. Does it not have that interesting inlet manifold anymore?

Nice buy anyway, you don't see enough ph1 gti6 Smile

Yeah i managed to snatch it up, it does not have it haha i wasn't sure who it was made by haha i think the standard one will be good enough Smile
Thanks given by:
Great number plate for a french car Big Grin
Thanks given by:
was trying to find the breaking thread for this the other day! wanted that fanimold, never saw any mention of what the cams actually were??
Thanks given by:
Well played sir, bravo Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Ah, so this is 'your friends' ph1 '6 with the broken clocks then? Big Grin

Ph1's aren't really my cuppa but does look decent tbf! Smile
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2015, 08:36 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Ah, so this is 'your friends' ph1 '6 with the broken clocks then? Big Grin

Yes Smile Tried keeping it quiet haha, do you think I could plug the DT clocks in? Just the fuel gauge and temp to see if just those work?

(21-09-2015, 07:11 AM)mattsrallye Wrote: Great number plate for a french car Big Grin

Yep Big Grin we all all own TAT 
(21-09-2015, 08:11 AM)ezb Wrote: was trying to find the breaking thread for this the other day! wanted that fanimold, never saw any mention of what the cams actually were??

Yeah I'm a bit sceptical if they have fast road cams but still fast haha

(21-09-2015, 08:34 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Well played sir, bravo Smile

Thank you sir Smile if you're at the Christmas meet you can take a look at it
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2015, 10:23 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(21-09-2015, 08:36 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Ah, so this is 'your friends' ph1 '6 with the broken clocks then? Big Grin

Yes Smile Tried keeping it quiet haha, do you think I could plug the DT clocks in? Just the fuel gauge and temp to see if just those work?

I honestly don't know, never worked on a ph1 myself, someone else should know though!
Thanks given by:
Ph1 in white. All good.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the lighter and cooler than a rallye club! lmao

Apparently the clocks on ph.1s often break due to the engine loom being damaged under the front bumper so check that out. My rev counter doesn't work and I suspect that is why but I can't see damage so my next port of call is to swap looms for a known good one I have in the garage.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2015, 11:33 AM)RetroPug Wrote: Welcome to the lighter and cooler than a rallye club! lmao

Apparently the clocks on ph.1s often break due to the engine loom being damaged under the front bumper so check that out. My rev counter doesn't work and I suspect that is why but I can't see damage so my next port of call is to swap looms for a known good one I have in the garage.

Yeah my rev counter fuel gauge and temp don't work haha the temp gauge just maxes out as soon as you start it
Thanks given by:
Sounds like damaged wiring rather than the clocks themselves.

Please put a badged grill on, ph1 look quite mean with morettes but the smooth grill is just horrible imo haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
faaarrr too low !
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Looks good mate

The brembo's got on your nerves yet lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2015, 03:22 PM)7057sam Wrote: Looks good mate

The brembo's got on your nerves yet lol

Haha they give a little squeak at slow speeds lol
Thanks given by:
bin off that spoiler and that's it
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2015, 12:03 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(21-09-2015, 11:33 AM)RetroPug Wrote: Welcome to the lighter and cooler than a rallye club! lmao

Yeah my rev counter fuel gauge and temp don't work haha the temp gauge just maxes out as soon as you start it

I agree with Ozone it is probably damaged wiring. Worth checking the earth in the driver's footwell as well.

(21-09-2015, 12:28 PM)welshpug Wrote: faaarrr too low !

It is, and it looks like the front arches have been rolled/bashed out slightly?
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Oohh interesting.

Im guessing its heavily rolled wings because the wheels be heavily spaced to allow for brembos
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
yep, they need a 20mm spacer, effectively making them ET0, that and its fecking low.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Nice car but lose the spoiler!!!!! x
Thanks given by:
f*cking love it mate! Best colour, and already all the mods you need Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Spoiler will be going Smile probably put a GTi one on, it's on coilovers so could adjust if needed and hoping to get a beam built up soon. Need to source an interior for it. Seats, roof liner and all the rear plastics
Thanks given by:
So had a few hours to kill before work so had a look around the car to try sort a few issues. Clutch pedal was feeling horrible. Found out it still had the spring in! So took that straight out and now it's really smooth and light (for a 306) 

Next was cleaning up the ICV as far as I'm aware it's helped seems to idle a lot smoother. Found this filter attached to the end of it. Is there suppose to be anything on the end of it like a pipe or is this filter okay?

Thanks given by:
I've ran it with a similar filter and it's been fine
Thanks given by:
Found this hose think it's a breather? Has split anyone have one lying around? I have hose big enough to go into the cam cover but not wide enough to go into the black thing (don't know what it's called) lol

(22-09-2015, 11:57 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: I've ran it with a similar filter and it's been fine

Ah cool Smile was just curious if it originally had a pipe or something
Thanks given by:
brass takeoff should have a plastic small bore pipe running back to the vacuum pump.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bianca White Phase 2 Gti6 Track & Fast Road Car Chr1sch 62 18,354 22-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Chr1sch