3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
Paper-based eh? Interesting... Big Grin

Any background info, what was happening at the time, has it happened before, pressurised coolant pipes, etc?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thats stop leak in there. Car new to you??
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2015, 05:50 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Thats stop leak in there. Car new to you??

This.. Rad weld or simular
Thanks given by:
Had it for 5 months -7500 miles so far, heater matrix needs done as I can smell coolant inside when I use heaters and a little steam on window occasionally, if not head gasket material and it is stop leak or similar then maybe previous keeper tried to seal the matrix with it???

So so glad I have the 306 too!
Thanks given by:
Sounds like it man. Seen it many times. Small leak. Lets bung some rad weld in and sell it.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Really hope it is the matrix cos I've got a good one in the boot from a 55 plate xsi Hdi!
Will fit the new matrix and flush the system in the next few days but still it doesn't explain the 94-95 degree temp?
I'm on my fifth Hdi and never seen one that hot!
Thanks given by:
could just be causing an air lock. so yes could explain the temp
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2015, 07:46 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: could just be causing an air lock. so yes could explain the temp

Hi Bash, just talking with my bro on the possibility of said stop leak having let go from the matrix and poss be causing a blockage so going to back flush the system before I refit the matrix! I will flush in to a bucket and see what's in there! Hopefully get it all out!
Onlyl plus to this happening is I get to drive only the 306 til it's fixed! ;-)
Thanks given by:
could easily cause a blockage. i hate the stuff. I would connect the pipes from the matrix together fill with water and a dishwasher tablet run it to temp then drop the coolant. after that bang the new matrix in job done
Thanks given by:
Crush the tablet up first though Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
That's 93 degrees but still too hot for a hdi, deffo flush system the from from there Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2015, 09:50 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: That's 93 degrees but still too hot for a hdi, deffo flush system the from from there Smile

Hi Matt, it climbed another couple of degrees before I got stopped but oddly it stayed around 84-86 all the way home,
I did a 11 hour shift in dominos yesterday with it and had ran it in 4th at 70 on the way to work yesterday morning to try clear out dpf!
On the way home I had a bit more steam on the screen than usual ( only happened occasionaly ) and just been putting off fitting the new matrix! Push has came to shove so when I get it off I'll take some pics of the job and post it up!

(30-08-2015, 05:05 PM)ADV_93 Wrote: Bless

Are your fans coming on?
Will check tomorrow as when I got home I had to go right back out so jumped in the 306 and blanked the SW for the night!
Thanks given by:
Steam on screen, change matrix lol, deffo needs doing, probs not bled properly won't help temps
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:

Fun fun fun

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: