I think my turbo had gone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think my turbo had gone?
when i stop and a junction and pull away again i get a puff of smoke, and the black of my car is black!  what the the symptons of the turbo on its way out? its only got 117k on the clock, with a stage 1+ from steve.  

Many thanks
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann race centre pipe
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
The black will be the stage 1+. Could well be causing the smoke when you pull away too, depends how aggressive you are when setting off. Dead turbo will produce blue/white smoke and/or make a wailing/screeching noise and/or be down on power.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-09-2015, 12:20 PM)Poodle Wrote: The black will be the stage 1+. Could well be causing the smoke when you pull away too, depends how aggressive you are when setting off. Dead turbo will produce blue/white smoke and/or make a wailing/screeching noise and/or be down on power.

ok i will remove the stage1+ and tri that, when i pull away im only at 1200rmp at max
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
Revs won't make much difference, it's how much you're pressing the loud pedal lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
That's one of the best things about a S1+...I miss coal clouds, stupid DPFs. Sad
Thanks given by:
Could be a boost leak, have you got a pressure gauge hooked up?

Mines nigh on 200k so I wouldn't worry about the turbo

Is it oily around the join between the inlet and elbow?
Thanks given by:
Could be a boost leak, have you got a pressure gauge hooked up? NO

Is it oily around the join between the inlet and elbow? ALWAYS WAS.
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
Might be leaking then mate, I've got a gasket in the car you're welcome to.

I'll be around this week mate, should have some spare time amongst the craziness
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2015, 06:53 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: Might be leaking then mate, I've got a gasket in the car you're welcome to.

I'll be around this week mate, should have some spare time amongst the craziness

thx paul,.  drop me a texSmile

i get my map back tomos from my first mapper, so i will put that back to std as well, see if that sorts it as well.
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
Probably a boost leak or an EGR problem, my stage1 + maps really aren't that smoky if you've got nothing wrong with your car, only a light haze on full load.

If it's a bit too smoky I can make you the normal stage 1 120 map, and that should hopefully clear it up. You need the exhaust mods to go with the stage 1+ really?
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2015, 06:18 PM)Toms306 Wrote: That's one of the best things about a S1+...I miss coal clouds, stupid DPFs. Sad

you bought a focus.. and whine at every available opportunity that you no longer have a 306!.. 

you can buy yours back for £1600.. Big Grin

my S1+ smoked,     check for boost leaks.. 

my stage3 is horrific when pulling away off boost.. i like it.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Lol, I don't whine about not owning a 306... Don't have any desire for another either (oh no he di'nt!).

What I'm really whining about there is stupid Euro regs and no spare cash for a remap. lol
Thanks given by:
ive just got my map back from the first person that mapped my car, but its a .org file not a .bin file, will the mpps tool still upload it?
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
I wouldn't risk it mate, you don't want to brick your ecu.

I'd trust the map from hdi tuning.

Is your egr blanked?
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2015, 03:00 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: I wouldn't risk it mate, you don't want to brick your ecu.

I'd trust the map from hdi tuning.

Is your egr blanked?

no not blanked
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
the black smoke, i likeSmile if its ticking over for a few mins, then i pull away i get a puff of blue smoke.
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
That could well be the turbo on it's way out, you'll know when it gets had though lol. If you have a boost leak/black smoke it will be putting more stress on the turbo, best off fixing that.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
where did it go? when did you find it was back?
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
a bit of a update, i did a engine flush and new oil and filter today. i had a look at the EGR vavle. it is a bit oily, so i pull the diagram in with my fingers and i got white blue smoke out of the exhaust, so i keep reeving to it cleared, so i think even know the ERG is unpluged i think its leaking air past it, (as i haven't blanked it off yet) so i think the pipe to the inlet is getting a small amount of oil in it as it cant go any ware, so when the ERG leaks air past it, it has some oil with it giving me the blue smoke??

Dose this make any sense??
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
Yep makes sense, get it blanked!
Thanks given by: