xud lump into petrol 406?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
xud lump into petrol 406?
Well in need of a bigger car and was thinkin 406. Not many around ireland for sale with the xud lump so was guna buy a petrol or hdi and do a conversion. 

Question is will it drop straight in and will 306 xud loom be plug and play? 

The engine ill be usin is a phase 1 306 xud.

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
Wont drop straight in. Will need to change lower engine mount and use the 406 xud upper engine mount. Gearbox from the hdi version will bolt straight on with the hdi flywheel etc bolted to the xud engine. Then need a in tank pick up. Think that about covers it.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Thanks lad thats the info i needed. Was hopin it wud drop straight in but not 2 hard to change engine mounts anyway.

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
Having owned a mildly fettled 406 1.9td I can say it was dog shit slow. You can carry huge speed in them but not sure it would be worth the effort. Not a hugely comfy car like a Volvo or Saab
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2015, 06:11 PM)adam b Wrote: Having owned a mildly fettled 406 1.9td I can say it was dog shit slow. You can carry huge speed in them but not sure it would be worth the effort. Not a hugely comfy car like a Volvo or Saab

Rather a 406 then either of those. 

Why go to the bother of fitting in an XUD on a sub €500 car? That's a huge amount ofwork that isn't worth it. There are PLENTY of 1.9TDs here in the south if you look hard enough
[Image: Image423_zps1ac08bc4-1_zps15c76431.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'd keep the hdi, bung a map on it, will be much better on fuel than an xud.

volvo and saab do comfort even better than the french do, they dont handle bad and were so much quicker, though thirstier obviously.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by: