New daily, Astor content

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New daily, Astor content
Finally found something decent to replace my coupe with
[Image: IMG_20150905_225317_zpsqd3tljb7.jpg]

Astor hdi dturbo, previous owner had it for 10 years and seems too have looked after it well.

First jobs are change the cambelt and a decent service. Definitely fitting some 6 brakes asap, forgot how lacking standard ones are :p 

Always knew I'd end up back in an hdi lmao
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
WORTHY! Can a big Hdi engine from a coupe fit in it? Has it been done before?
Daily?
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2015, 01:31 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: WORTHY! Can a big Hdi engine from a coupe fit in it? Has it been done before?
Daily?

There's a chap with a blue 306 dimma who's managed to shoehorn a 2.2hdi lump in, FairPlay to him as it does shift along pretty nicely, but personally I think you're better off sticking with tuning the 2l 8v as you can get similar figures out of it without the hassle of getting it all to fit and connect everything. I certainly won't be bothering with anything spectacular on a daily driver. I've got a 6 and a rallye to waste money on instead :p
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Tiz nice buddy! A good buy! At last!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Very lovely mate Smile
Thanks given by:
Fair enough!
Thanks given by:
Had a good look around this on the ramp today and a proper look through the history, all looks good underneath, recently had 4 new shocks, bottom arms, drop links and track rod ends dome. Receipt in the history for a new rear beam, wheels refurbished and a long life exhaust. Pretty happy with my new purchase. 

Replaced a couple of switches today that had seen better days and replaced all the dash bulbs for standard yellow ones as someone had previously changed them all to red LEDs that just left bright spots and big dark patches.

Cambelt and service next weekend Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Nice buy then ThumbsUp worth the effort to travel Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
as said on facebook looks good and im jealous!
Thanks given by:
Had a mooch about this last night, absolutely amazing condition! Very jealous Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Looks like another good purchase mate, 1 of my favorite 306 colours
Thanks given by:
Excellent find mate. Didn't see this on the 'bay at all. Where did u find it? Both u and matt rolling the 3 door hdis this winter!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Ill pop over the river and bring my hdi shitter ... you 2 will be even more pleased with your purchases

Id love an astor 3dr, but peely diablo will have to do for now
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2015, 11:30 AM)Orta Wrote: Excellent find mate. Didn't see this on the 'bay at all. Where did u find it? Both u and matt rolling the 3 door hdis this winter!

And razorback rob (another local!) has an astor dturbo too :lolooks like the daily weapon of choice around these parts!!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I remember why I like these cars so much now, grinning like a maniac on the way home via the back roads, brilliant to drive even on floppy standard suspension and ride height Big Grin steam cleaned the engine in preparation for the big service next week and fitted a gti6 steering wheel I had lying around as I hated the slippy rubber one.
Bring on servicing and other ozonehostile related tinkering :p

(08-09-2015, 11:30 AM)Orta Wrote: Excellent find mate. Didn't see this on the 'bay at all. Where did u find it? Both u and matt rolling the 3 door hdis this winter!

It's been on auto trader for ages, guess people were put off by it needing a cambelt. Their loss i say :p
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Haha as one leaves the club another arrives Smile

Looks very nice.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2015, 09:58 PM)7057sam Wrote: Haha as one leaves the club another arrives Smile

Looks very nice.

Saw on Facebook, gutted for you man Sad
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts new daily.. Renault content! Matt-Rallye 35 5,359 02-03-2015, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye