Aux belt problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aux belt problems
My 306 keeps trashing and chucking the aux belt off. I've swapped the tensioner for another one I had which was working and it's still doing it. I can't see anything obvious causing the problem. Is there a pully which could be a likely candidate or is it just a case of swapping them all one by one?  My car has air con. Cheers
Thanks given by:
Could be the guide aswell.. All the pulleys running straight? Auto tensioner can work but be at an angle which will cause it
Thanks given by:
Its also unlikely, but check that you've not broken any of the mounts for the various aux items....I had somehow managed to snap one of the mounts for my PAS pump, which in turn was twisting the pump out of square, and throwing the belt off.

I am assuming of course that you have the correct belt fitted on the correct route? Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Upon closer inspection it looks like its the guide. Only prob is I can't seem to be able to find anywhere I can buy one! Anybody got one or know where I can go???
Thanks given by:
Check the pulleys for any damage and debris. Not unknown
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Do I need to run the belt underneath the top guide pulley? Can I just buy a smaller belt and go straight from the pas to the crank pulley or will that be a fail??
Thanks given by:
Anyone?
Thanks given by:
The guide is needed
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ok time to look for a new one!
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2015, 04:32 PM)simonson1982 Wrote: Ok time to look for a new one!

This is the bad boy causing me the problems!! Anyone know where I can get one?? I cantfind any parts store that sell them??

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Belt is worn and streetched, needs replacing too?
Thanks given by:
That's not my belt. Its just an online pic found. Mine is in far worse condition than that!!
Thanks given by:
Is the guide missing from your above picture? I've got the same problem as yourself but not jumping off yet.
Thanks given by:
That pic is not my car. Its just a pic of what I need. I've got myself a new wheel and bearing to fit today. I was told that it was more than likely that the bearing had failed but when the belt was off it had no play in it at all. Hopefully its just not sitting right? I've got a feeling its the whole bit which is nackered. I'm hoping not as I cant find one on fleebay??
Thanks given by:
I found that pully on ebay this morning. I saved the link but have to go to work right now.
Thanks given by:
You tease!!
Thanks given by:
Found it on eBay cheers
Thanks given by:
My god this looks like a pig of a job!! Has anyone got experience with doing one of these? Does the pas pump and the alternator bracket have to come off??
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Belt slapping wildly - belt tensioned - pics added ginge191 57 28,854 25-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31