1.8 xs, gti6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.8 xs, gti6
So cambelt is due anytime, i read somewhere the gti6 head bolts straight on, can you use the gti ecu or would i need a standalone ecu? i know i would need more than just the head and ecu but my question is about the ecu.. anyone on here done it before? If so whats the advantages ect...
Thanks given by:
check out my 1.8 project thread. I never got a gti6 head on there.... basically you need the gti6 head and a 1.8 head gasket and not the gti6 one apparently. You cant use the 1.8 or gti6 ecu so you will have to go for OMEX or another standalone.

GTI6 head, GTI6 injectors, gti6 exhaust and inlet manifolds, gti6 box, 1.8 head gasket. OMEX ECU and custom loom.

For the box you need the reverse cable and shift stick. And to drill a whole to route the cable through.

To fit the gti6 exhaust manifold you need to modify the rear water pipes as they will fowl and melt on the manifold. GIT6 manifold is longer than the 1.8 so you need a gti6 cat/decat.
Thanks given by:
I hate it when birds get melted onto my manifolds as well.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by: