Desperately need help!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desperately need help!
Hello guys I really need help from some one thAt is experienced with these engines(modified) I live 5 min from gatwick and would be willing to pay for someone's time!
Thanks given by:
KrisB isn't far from Gatwick iirc, might be worth a punt. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm can u put him on to me or u have contact number
Thanks given by:
KrisB is a bit of a no go from what I've heard.

What's up? Anything I can help with?
Thanks given by:
What's the problem? I can help, but I'm in Southampton so hardly round the corner.
Thanks given by:
I'm loosing coolant fast not sure we're from but I'm sure it ain't head gasket as oil is still jet black,, not under powered oil level hasn't risen! And isint smoking... I'm putting a litre every 50-100miles sometimes more frequently! Please I'm in desperate need
Thanks given by:
Possible that the headgasket has failed between coolant and cylinder, wouldn't affect oil, see if you can get a local garage or mate to do a sniff test.
Thanks given by:
Check the distribution block on back of engine. Does it puddle on the floor ? I had a pin pick in my heater matrix hose and that emptied the coolant pretty quick.
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2015, 07:46 PM)conorpierce Wrote: I'm loosing coolant fast not sure we're from but I'm sure it ain't head gasket as oil is still jet black,, not under powered oil level hasn't risen! And isint smoking... I'm putting a litre every 50-100miles sometimes more frequently! Please I'm in desperate need

Sounds like you need to do a sniff test and check for leaks with a pressure tester. Any local garage should be able to check it out for you.
Thanks given by:
Place a large bit of card board under your engine bay and see if there is any leaks.

Undo your oil filler cap and see if there's any mayo on the bottom

Are your coolant hoses rock solid after the engine has been in for 10 mins

What's your temp gauge like?
Thanks given by:
Yer it seems to empty faster the harder I drive? Ok so I'll get sniff test done? I've put a new bottle and cap on but it sounds like there is pressure escaping from the cap still after hard driving...

(02-09-2015, 08:00 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: Place a large bit of card board under your engine bay and see if there is any leaks.

Undo your oil filler cap and see if there's any mayo on the bottom

Are your coolant hoses rock solid after the engine has been in for 10 mins

What's your temp gauge like?

I have checked filler cap and it is immaculate...there is leak some were but cause it has sprayed out everywhere it's hard to figure out were its leaking from my gauge is good now that I have removed thermostat it just sits between 70-85 used to be but higher with stat in
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2015, 06:55 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: KrisB is a bit of a no go from what I've heard.

You've heard wrong then, he's a f*cking guru.
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2015, 09:16 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(02-09-2015, 06:55 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: KrisB is a bit of a no go from what I've heard.

You have any way of contacting him for me please would love to get his opinion on few things thanks
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2015, 09:16 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:

There's several members on here who would disagree slightly with you there. I personally wouldn't use him to fit a spare wheel.
Thanks given by:
That's fair enough, I've used him with no issues & he's done me favours at short notice - can't personally say a bad word about the chap.
Thanks given by:
Is it possibly the heater matrix itself? Any wet passenger carpet? Steam inside windscreen with heater fan on low?
Thanks given by:
Any normal garage should be able to sort you out just fine. Krisb has had a lot of bad press on here and from what i've seen of a lot of his work i can't recommend him.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle were are u based mate? I've got. No wet carpet and no steam... I'm just confused as wat it could be
Thanks given by:
with a new thermostate our 306 now sits at 80 degrees for normal flat road useage.

your has thermostate out and sits at 85 ish.....and looses coolant.

I presume it normal state of tune or has engine power been increased.

engine has good power so probably not a blocked exhaust, does the exhaust "fizz" when an assistant presses the throttle pedal and you look/see/hear the tail exhaust??

with no thermostate in, and exp tank cap off ( can you post a pic of the underneath of the exp tank cap please ) and full, rev engine, does the coolant level go down?? so has circulation and its probably not the coolant pump, stay the same, or even go up ( goes up, blocked rad?? ) .

when hot are there cold patches on the rad core ( blocked rad core ) and does the heater work.

how much bubbles comes up in the expansion tank?? when revved??

do you fill exp tank, then drive, and then see coolant level when cold? is it below the max coolanl level "bridge" inside the exp tank, which makes you think it looses coolant??

does the low coolant level indicator work when the tank is low on coolant.

over.........
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2015, 09:35 AM)pug306driver Wrote: with a new thermostate our 306 now sits at 80 degrees for normal flat road useage.

your has thermostate out and sits at 85 ish.....and looses coolant.

I presume it normal state of tune or has engine power been increased.

engine has good power so probably not a blocked exhaust, does the exhaust "fizz" when an assistant presses the throttle pedal and you look/see/hear the tail exhaust??

with no thermostate in, and exp tank cap off ( can you post a pic of the underneath of the exp tank cap please ) and full, rev engine, does the coolant level go down?? so has circulation and its probably not the coolant pump, stay the same, or even go up ( goes up, blocked rad?? ) .

when hot are there cold patches on the rad core ( blocked rad core ) and does the heater work.

how much bubbles comes up in the expansion tank?? when revved??

do you fill exp tank, then drive, and then see coolant level when cold? is it below the max coolanl level "bridge" inside the exp tank, which makes you think it looses coolant??

does the low coolant level indicator work when the tank is low on coolant.

over.........

It is stage 2 hdi tuning map fmic straight through exhaust. I will be spending all day Saturday at my mates workshop checkin all of these things. What would u like me to take pictures and videos off? As will do tonight wen I'm home thanks
Thanks given by:
the underside of the new pug exp tank cap please, it has a ring seal to seal the cap to the exp tank top lip??, not the spring seal pressure seal bit........a seal to stop coolant from leaking past the very top of the exp tank and cap, overflow seal......
Thanks given by:
I'm in Southampton mate, bit far from you. Are you still having to drive it hard to get it up to 85? If so, i suggest you stop doing so until you find the issue lol. If it's getting that hot in normal driving you've got a real problem.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
is your mate a mechanic? If he is, you don't seem to have much faith in him lol
Thanks given by:
see, with such a shit thread title I haven't bothered to look at this till now.

is it dead yet?
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2015, 07:16 PM)welshpug Wrote: see, with such a shit thread title I haven't bothered to look at this till now.

is it dead yet?

I initially assumed he needed an english tutor
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2015, 07:16 PM)welshpug Wrote: see, with such a shit thread title I haven't bothered to look at this till now.

is it dead yet?

Hahah what ever guys! And no not dead!

(03-09-2015, 05:13 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: is your mate a mechanic? If he is, you don't seem to have much faith in him lol

No I have faith in him but he can't help to much as I use this daily and he doesn't work evenings so only get a chance to look of an evening. And u guys seem to know a lot more about dw10 engines than he does...
Thanks given by:
Pretty backhanded way to offer advice on use of the forum lol, be nice to the newbie! Tongue
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(03-09-2015, 02:50 PM)pug306driver Wrote: the underside of the new pug exp tank cap please, it has a ring seal to seal the cap to the exp tank top lip??, not the spring seal pressure seal bit........a seal to stop coolant from leaking past the very top of the exp tank and cap, overflow seal......

Completely forgot after I got home as spent 3 hours in shit traffic I'll do wen I'm home tonight
Thanks given by:
3 hours sitting in traffic! did the fans come on??

what temp did the gauge reach and is its needle now bent lol, no malice only joking.....

with heater off how high did the temp gauge go??

and, what colour is the coolant now, over
Thanks given by:
I wasn't in 306 yesterday took my boss's merc as didn't wana risk it.
Thanks given by: