Please Help!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Help!
trying to do the cambelt on the 306 and failing horribly. I need an impact gun to get the crank bolt off. Is anyone close enough to Bristol to give me a hand sometime? Doesn't have to be today
Thanks given by:
Have you not got a long bar and a missus? Ask her to hold the brake while you undo the pulley bolt with a long extension.

Or people will tell you to flick the starter if you're feeling brave lol...
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2015, 03:15 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Have you not got a long bar and a missus?  Ask her to hold the brake while you undo the pulley bolt with a long extension.

Can't get the car high enough to get a bar underneath. Plus if someone stands on the brakes the crank still turns :/
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2015, 04:27 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(28-08-2015, 03:15 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Have you not got a long bar and a missus?  Ask her to hold the brake while you undo the pulley bolt with a long extension.

Can't get the car high enough to get a bar underneath. Plus if someone stands on the brakes the crank still turns :/

Put it in 4th gear lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah i had to put mine in a high gearand someone on the brakes and then i had a breaker bar on it with about 5ft of scaffold pole on the breaker bar and it eventually went, i thought i was going to break something !
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2015, 04:35 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote:
(28-08-2015, 04:27 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

Put it in 4th gear lol

I put it in 5th and still turned guessing it has to be 4th?
Thanks given by:
+ harder on the brakes?
It sounds like you've got it jacked up too maybe? Let it back down to the ground if so...
Thanks given by:
Put a bar on it and flick the starter, it's not the best method but it certainly works.
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2015, 04:53 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Put a bar on it and flick the starter, it's not the best method but it certainly works.

This. Pikey FTW.

Disconnect something to make it not start though. Eg stop solinoid.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Yup, as above.

Had to resort to this once or twice
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If it's turning, sounds like you've not got wheel bolts in and no disc locators - you need wheel bolts in to stop the disc spinning vs the hub.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
i second the pikey method.. i would, if possible, jam the breaker against the floor if possible though, to stop it tearing holes in a bulkhead or otherwise.

starter has a ncie amount of torque
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by: