One day insurance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One day insurance
Anyone got any good companies they have used. Interested in a car but the seller has a company car and the car is showing as uninsured on askMID. I will query this before I go see it (she is getting cosmetic work done this week) but need a few options.

Tried a few but its coming up as £50-60 a day, i only pay £260 a year!!
Thanks given by:
You should definitely NOT get the cheapest pay monthly insurance, go see the car buy it if you like it and happy days. If you dont like it then cancel the policy because you have a 14 day cancellation period and tell them you're sorning the car or something and get refunded...

*Beware of any cancellation charges.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Who are you with atm? Admiral group etc... are pretty good, will generally give you temp cover on anything for £20 for either a day or week. If you have a policy with them already that is
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Am with Tesco insurance, could give them a call but they seem to have charges for everything!
Thanks given by:
I'll have a look through my paperwork when I get home, got a temp cover policy for when I borrowed my mates van for a run to stoke, sure it only cost me about £28 for a day.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The least expensive day insurance is Aviva but it's not on comparison sites iirc. Still stupidly expensive though.
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2015, 02:00 PM)Anton Wrote: You should definitely NOT get the cheapest pay monthly insurance, go see the car buy it if you like it and happy days. If you dont like it then cancel the policy because you have a 14 day cancellation period and tell them you're sorning the car or something and get refunded...

*Beware of any cancellation charges.

+1 best way to do it, esp if you plan on keeping it insured

(24-08-2015, 02:05 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Who are you with atm? Admiral group etc... are pretty good, will generally give you temp cover on anything for £20 for either a day or week. If you have a policy with them already that is

Yeah admiral were good with temp cover when i was with them a few years back
Thanks given by:
I use RAC @ ABOUT£19- £ 23 FOR ONE DAY AND CHEAPER if you take more days!
Thanks given by:
just get a day of a 2nd car added to your existing policy.
Thanks given by:
Hi,
If you haven't sorted it already please feel free to give us a try for short term insurance. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.
Thanks given by:
When with Flux and Chris Knott they allow me to add a vehicle on a temporary basis to my policy for abut £40 a week
Thanks given by:
I've used dayinsure before very good rates and the do van and bike cover
Thanks given by: