306 cabby ORANGE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 cabby ORANGE
Well, I am now the proud owner of the orange XUD cabby brought from this forum, and have big plans for it! I'll get some pictures up as soon as possible, although I imagine most people on here are more familiar with it than I am lol.
Thanks given by:
Yahh it stayed on the forum. Also wanted this car for myself. Have been a few good buys on here recently. Welcome along
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
It's already reminding me how french it is with a broken roof and various other niggles, but love it all the same!
Thanks given by:
Another Ipswich member? I'll keep an eye out for an orange cabby then, not that it'll be difficult to see lol.
Thanks given by:
Awesome ipswich. Right local to me.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Awesome, Ipswich is closer than Johnnys for when you sell it to me.

On the up side I didn't know the roof was knackered so in a way I'm not quite as torn apart.
Thanks given by:
Glad to see you sign up and get involved, was good to meet you yesterday. Couldn't believe the roof stopped working then and there, classic french! Rofl
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Haha, epic sod's law on the roof! As you say, typical french though! lol

What sort of plans have you got for it?

Oh, and welcome to the forum! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome along! Loved this car, been in it a few times and it always put a smile on my face! So make sure you look after it!

What plans do you have Smile

Also welcome haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Yeah, the roof couldn't have been more French yesterday. Rubbish. JJ isn't allowed to buy it, he'll just sell it after a month lol
Thanks given by:
Nobody is buying it lol. Plans currently are something along the lines of: rebuilt engine with upgraded rods, front mount, probably a new exhaust, and general restoration of the worn out bits. Lots of fixing to do and that will keep me busy while I source parts for the engine I want to build. I'm going to do my research first though on engine stuff for these
Thanks given by:
I don't mind sourcing an engine if you want us to build it, saves transporting stuff around as much. Also drop me a message if you need any more information about more power/reliability Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Ok. I've had some opinions on this but would like to know everyone's thoughts, if I was aiming for 170 ish bhp, what would I need on the xud engine? Current plans are hdi rods and balanced crank

As far as I'm aware my pump will flow plenty of fuel for that power, I'll be running a front mount and sticking with the same turbo that's on it now
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2015, 08:17 AM)dontmasterdave Wrote: Ok. I've had some opinions on this but would like to know everyone's thoughts, if I was aiming for 170 ish bhp, what would I need on the xud engine? Current plans are hdi rods and balanced crank

As far as I'm aware my pump will flow plenty of fuel for that power, I'll be running a front mount and sticking with the same turbo that's on it now
I don't think you're far off that power now having been in the car, do you mean reliable power? Hdi or even better forged rods, ARP studs would be a wise move, front mount on that and I think you're close to 170 bhp tbh fella Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I've found an engine for sale with hdi rods, arp studs, and new bearings, and mls gasket. Then going for new turbo and front mount. I think that should see me there

Want it reliable at that power. Also going to convert the roof to manual so I can lose the the hydraulic crap and save some weight, and gain some reliability lol
Thanks given by:
I had a td04 on my last car that stretched the head studs, that was on a 9mm pump with a few mods, still on top mount, that was pushing 170bhp no doubt, but reliable, u need forged rods Imo, always a chance of one letting go otherwise Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Where can forged rods be found?
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2015, 01:06 PM)masterdave Wrote: Where can forged rods be found?

speak nicely to zx volcane on here, about £400 but good piece of mind, I can't remember the name of the company off top of my head, I've got it saved somewhere though.
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
Please tell us all the faults with the car. Otherwise Jonnys ego will grow even more!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Ok so here is a list of things that I'm currently aware are wrong with the car:

Coolant leak
Oil leak
Exhaust manifold leak 
Brake judder, suspected warped discs
Roof not working

The first 3 things will be sorted when the engine swap is done at the start of october hopefully. The roof will be converted to manual operation soon as well, so thats one lesd thing to go wrong. I'm very happy with the car, love it, and wouldn't part with it as it's a beast.
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, glad to see you signed up on here and keeping the car going. Pretty smart car for a cabby i always thought.

The list of issues just sound like a standard xud tbf Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome along mate Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2015, 06:10 PM)Niall Wrote: Welcome Smile
Please tell us all the faults with the car. Otherwise Jonnys ego will grow even more!!

lmao
Thanks given by:
Well, roof is now working, and have aquired some twin fans for when I do the engine conversion
Thanks given by:
Ooh, what was wrong with the roof? Also with the twin fans you might have issues fitting an intercooler without lots of bumper alterations.
Thanks given by:
The fans will be going behind the radiator not in front, leaving loads of space for a nice big front mount

And no idea on the roof, just randomly started working so making the most of it
Thanks given by:
Typical French electrics!

This thread needs more pictures
Thanks given by:
Pictures will be posted up as soon as possible. I need some advice from people though, I've decided I'm going to replace the turbo while the engine is out, and I need some advice on what turbo to go for. Needs to be relatively easy to fit and 200bhp capable. Any suggestions?
Thanks given by:
If you wanna go 200bhp I'd get those rods and bolts changed pronto lol
Thanks given by:
Yep, engine with hdi rods and arp bolts is ready, I'm not aiming for 200bhp just yet, I'd like to see a healthy 170 with a bit of room left to play
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jonny's Orange cabby (xud content!) Jonny81191 65 18,244 05-01-2015, 07:52 AM
Last Post: 1616six