FAO Dum-Dum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FAO Dum-Dum
nice knowing you pal!

your bad enough on your feet or push-bike but to get a motorbike !

buy a leather power ranger suit then they can scrape you off the road in one go!

stay safe dued!

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(22-08-2015, 07:09 PM)cully Wrote: nice knowing you pal!

buy a leather power ranger suit then they can scrape you off the road in one go!

stay safe dued!

Cheers mate, only a little 125 and it topps out at 60mph, I've been nearly that fast on a pedal cycle.

I have got a fair bit of kit including decent gloves and a solid jacket with all the armor in it. Hoping with the money from the manstain I'll be able to afford trousers and boots.

CBT instructor was complimenting me on my observation, said he'd never seen someone checking mirrors and blind spots so often and in all the right places.
Thanks given by:
I'm sure you've been to enough accidents to know how important wearing all the gear is. I hate it when I see people on motorbikes without any.
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2015, 07:13 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(22-08-2015, 07:09 PM)cully Wrote: nice knowing you pal!

stay safe dued!

Cheers mate, only a little 125 and it topps out at 60mph, I've been nearly that fast on a pedal cycle.

I have got a fair bit of kit including decent gloves and a solid jacket with all the armor in it. Hoping with the money from the manstain I'll be able to afford trousers and boots.

CBT instructor was complimenting me on my observation, said he'd never seen someone checking mirrors and blind spots so often and in all the right places.

what is this a mid life crisis?
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2015, 07:42 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: I'm sure you've been to enough accidents to know how important wearing all the gear is. I hate it when I see people on motorbikes without any.
Yeah especially decent boots, the amount of horrific ankle and lower leg injuries you see from people riding in trainers is staggering.

(22-08-2015, 07:48 PM)toseland Wrote: what is this a mid life crisis?
Free bike. £10 a month insurance, £1.40 a month tax, 80+mpg (my mate averaged 100mpg) and easy & free to park. Also I keep being told being a rider will make me a better driver and I genuinely feel like I got my £99 worth of learning out of the CBT.
Thanks given by:
Yeah if I was you, I'd be commuting on a bike. Be silly not to tbh.
If it gets super icey or cold, rallye or bus
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2015, 07:58 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(22-08-2015, 07:42 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: I'm sure you've been to enough accidents to know how important wearing all the gear is. I hate it when I see people on motorbikes without any.
Yeah especially decent boots, the amount of horrific ankle and lower leg injuries you see from people riding in trainers is staggering.

(22-08-2015, 07:48 PM)toseland Wrote: what is this a mid life crisis?
Free bike. £10 a month insurance, £1.40 a month tax, 80+mpg (my mate averaged 100mpg) and easy & free to park. Also I keep being told being a rider will make me a better driver and I genuinely feel like I got my £99 worth of learning out of the CBT.

yeah riding a motorbike does make you ALOT more aware of the road, and more observant!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Interesting. Make out a will. (Include me in it Wink)
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
Dibs on the rallye << first bitches!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Dibs on the house, obviously lol
Thanks given by:
I used to commute on a little cg 125 for two years. Saved loads of money and kept the 205 i had back then for weekends mega cheap motoring and helped save for the house i now live in. Also imo it does make you a better driver. You soon realise how many people dont look when your out on a bike and it does relay back when driving. Enjoy and stay safe man. All i can say. Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Good luck to you! I want a bike so bad, but island drivers are the worst and I fear for my life everyday!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
People fail to see huge hatchbacks and estates on a regular occurrence in my experience, how they'd ever see a bike I've no idea!! It's not all car drivers though, there are some idiotic bikers out there also!!
Thanks given by:
Its slower than a 106 nad. Its not fast enough to do anything stupid.
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2015, 07:37 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Its not fast enough to do anything stupid.

It doesnt have to be.. All the crashes i know of around here are a car not seeing a bike.. Pulling it out infront of it etc. Worst was on coming car going to their right.. Bike went into side of car.
Thanks given by:
How can it not be fast enough? If you hit a tree at 60 it's going to hurt...
Thanks given by:
Well done Chris! Enjoy!!!!
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2015, 08:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: How can it not be fast enough? If you hit a tree at 60 it's going to hurt...

Ive done this on a crosser. It does hurt! Thankfully after i hit the tree the ditch broke my fall
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2015, 08:58 AM)bashbarnard Wrote:
(23-08-2015, 08:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: How can it not be fast enough? If you hit a tree at 60 it's going to hurt...

Ive done this on a crosser. It does hurt! Thankfully after i hit the tree the ditch broke my fall
Lol how was the bike?
Thanks given by:
Fine.the bike just sort stopped on a particularly rough bit and i kept going by myself. Just bent the gear shift and a few scratches. Wasn't even my bike. The blokes who's it was didn't even mind. Said it gets fallen off regually anyway. Lol
Thanks given by:
Its other drivers on the road you gotta watch. From personal experience, unfortunately, its women more. Failure to use those wing mirror thingy's and lack of observation do not bode well for motorcyclists!

I got 'stopped' by a woman pulling out of a driveway to a factory carpark. Was riding at around 25-30mph as i was coming off a bend and saw her inching out. So i slowed down even more as i got closer and she decided to pull out...thats not the bad thing, i would have gone around her, IF SHE HADNT STOPPED DEAD OVER MY LANE!

Hesitated and didn't commit herself to what she was doing, dosey bitch!

She drove off after i had hit her car too! I mean, i smashed her drivers window with my head and shoulder?!? I also sandwiched my right leg between the engine and her car. I had all the kit...armoured boots, jacket, trousers, gloves...didnt stop my leg from being smashed up and my shoulder being ruined.

She pulled out perfectly at the last minute so i had NO time at all to steer out of it!

So anyways, my advice would be:

Buy the GOOD shit to wear, they can be costly but safer that way,
And avoid women drivers like the plague lol assume they are after YOU Big Grin
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2015, 09:42 AM)highwayman306 Wrote: Its other drivers on the road you gotta watch. From personal experience, unfortunately, its women more. Failure to use those wing mirror thingy's and lack of observation do not bode well for motorcyclists!

I got 'stopped' by a woman pulling out of a driveway to a factory carpark. Was riding at around 25-30mph as i was coming off a bend and saw her inching out. So i slowed down even more as i got closer and she decided to pull out...thats not the bad thing, i would have gone around her, IF SHE HADNT STOPPED DEAD OVER MY LANE!

Hesitated and didn't commit herself to what she was doing, dosey bitch!

She drove off after i had hit her car too! I mean, i smashed her drivers window with my head and shoulder?!? I also sandwiched my right leg between the engine and her car. I had all the kit...armoured boots, jacket, trousers, gloves...didnt stop my leg from being smashed up and my shoulder being ruined.

She pulled out perfectly at the last minute so i had NO time at all to steer out of it!

So anyways, my advice would be:

Buy the GOOD shit to wear, they can be costly but safer that way,
And avoid women drivers like the plague lol assume they are after YOU Big Grin

This is why I only ride off road bikes! Stooooopd moo
Thanks given by:
Once you start, you might find a new hobby... one that's even more fun than cars Big Grin
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2015, 11:32 AM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Once you start, you might find a new hobby... one that's even more fun than cars Big Grin

Might even find yourself reaching for a 600 in a few months ;-)
Although you defo have to go via a 250 or similar first
P.s. what bike did you get???

It will undoubtedly make you a better driver but if you want to be a better rider then go do a couple of days off road biking lessons if you haven't before!
Thanks given by:
Stay safe bud, car horns via a relay straight to the battery was a good idea when I was on bikes
Thanks given by:
Bikes ftw,
What bike do you have?
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2015, 07:40 AM)Seb_Ryan Wrote:
(23-08-2015, 07:37 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Its not fast enough to do anything stupid.

It doesnt have to be.. All the crashes i know of around here are a car not seeing a bike.. Pulling it out infront of it etc. Worst was on coming car going to their right.. Bike went into side of car.
Yeah it's scary, usually you can tell in a car when cars have seen you but they never make eye contact with bikes or anything like that, it's like an invisibility cloak and slightly scary at times.

(23-08-2015, 08:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: How can it not be fast enough?  If you hit a tree at 60 it's going to hurt...
It won't hit 60 so I'm not going to hit a tree at that speed. Also I've hit a tree at 30-40 on a mountain bike so I'm ware of the consequences, actually had nearly 50mph on a pedal cycle absolutely spinning my tits off on a road bike.

(23-08-2015, 11:32 AM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Once you start, you might find a new hobby... one that's even more fun than cars Big Grin
Yeah, that worries me, don't have monies for more hobbies.

(23-08-2015, 11:39 AM)Redordead89 Wrote:

Might even find yourself reaching for a 600 in a few months ;-)
Although you defo have to go via a 250 or similar first
P.s. what bike did you get???

It will undoubtedly make you a better driver but if you want to be a better rider then go do a couple of days off road biking lessons if you haven't before!
I've got a Yamaha SR125 (it's almost 20 years old). My mate has gone straight from this to a phazer 600 and already wants the bits to tune it to R6 power so I guess I'll be fine on a 600. I'd like something like an africa twin eventually as I'm too big for sports bikes.
Thanks given by:
Nicely done dum dum Smile im in the middle of getting a 125 and my CBT sorted
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
SR125 is an alright bike, I've had good fun on one.

[Image: 10430474_630764167016202_3535038949254454979_n_1.jpg]

You'd breeze a sporty/commuter 600. An fzs600 fazer is ideal and cheap, I had one for a while.

You'd fit on some sports bikes too, if you were inclined to go down that route Wink
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by: