vnt turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vnt turbo
Does anyone know the pins on the ecu I need to tap into for the associated items. Many thanks
Thanks given by:
You'll need the fit the associated hardware from a later edc15 into your ecu to begin with ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
im unsure on which pins the map sensor and control solenoid need to be connected to, i dont understand what you mean ?
Thanks given by:
You will need a map sensor, but other bits too.
Its not quite as simple as wiring it in. Info is out there, but your mapper should advise ThumbsUp

*editted out my stupidity
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
i was told i would need a 3 bar map sensor by company going to do the remap, so its not just connect wires to ecu etc and them have controls mapped in ? i am going to use vacuum solenoid from the 110 model.
Thanks given by:
Talk to Steve at hdi-tuning, he'll be able to explain it better than i ever will lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
i have spoken to Steven Lewis @ HDI Tuning Ltd, well emailed
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2015, 08:25 PM)Poodle Wrote: Talk to Steve at hdi-tuning, he'll be able to explain it better than i ever will lol.

Yeah. This tbh. Good shout
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
You do need a map sensor and don't need later edc15 hardware? The map sensor is the difference between them.....
Thanks given by:
There's a pin out diagram for the ecu somewhere on the forum, in the guide section, thread by Niall or Cully i should think, can't remember.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
MAP sensor doesnt control the turbo though!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If you don't know the boost how do you control the turbo? Its just a couple of wires to an N75 valve or similar for the vac control then or people just re purpose the Hdis egr control for the turbo
Thanks given by:
Reckon you're better off sticking to your mech pump Piggy. Tongue

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=11748
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I've only got the diagram for a single plug ECU.
http://hdi-tuning.co.uk/downloads/edc15c2pinout.jpg

You need the solenoid wired in, and then the MAP sensor wired in.

You should be able to use the +12V from the EGR solenoid for the turbo solenoid, but you need to put the earth to the correct pin in the ECU. If it was me I would just find which pin the EGR uses to earth, pull it out of the ECU connector and move it to the turbo solenoid pin. So if you're a single plug ECU, pin 52 moves to 26.

Same goes for the boost sensor, you can take +5V and GND from anywhere, and then run the output back to the ECU to pin 71 (single plug).
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Have found diagram for 3 plug ecu. 3 pins for map sensor and 1 for turbo pressure found. Just need to work out which of the 3 pins does what for map sensor.
Thanks given by:
Send me the diagram and I'll try and tell you what you need to do, plus it will be handy for me to have.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Its here http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=11748
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2015, 08:25 PM)MrBigMac Wrote: i was told i would need a 3 bar map sensor by company going to do the remap, so its not just connect wires to ecu etc and them have controls mapped in ? i am going to use vacuum solenoid from the 110 model.

3 bar would be adequate,   but it does increase the price somewhat..  remember that that is 42psi so if you arent aiming for any more than 28psi you could get away with a 2 bar one.. which are on hundreds of vehicles!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
3 Bar is absolute pressure Wink So it can only measure +2 Bar - a 2 Bar sensor can only measure +1 Bar.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
ahh that's true... i had my "difference in pressure" head on.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by: