Peugeot 308 GTI 270...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 308 GTI 270...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU3uApZXYVY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4aca5EIPLM
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
Mmehhhhhh how much of a baller do you have to be to buy one of these new...
Thanks given by:
270bhp is hell impressive from a 1.6! Be interesting to see the asking price for this as the last 208GTi was fairly overpriced for what it was.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I know what i'd rather buy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Jesus is that the new Civic? :/ looks awesome IMO.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
I'd take the Pug. Civic looks terrible! albeit in a sort of brutal monster sort of way, whereas the 308 looks slick. That Civic is an immensely impressive vehicle though I've heard. A different class to the 308, which is a sort of Focus ST counterpart.

Best looking Peugeot for years the 308.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
Civic looks like a dog's dinner seen a few of them now and they're revolting!
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2015, 05:39 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Mmehhhhhh how much of a baller do you have to be to buy one of these new...

28K for the 270 version mate! Cheaper than the rival Astra VXR & Civic tbh.
Thanks given by:
Saw those videos today...was just aboot to start similar thread!

I'd have one. Just in a decent paint scheme!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
That pic of the civic dresses it up a bit. In reality, its bloody ugly although does have a nice arse. Apparently though it is a VERY capable car!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Goodness me I hate new cars Tongue Deffo need to start stockpiling all my pre 2000 cars, cant think of many things newer than I can say I would actually drive / like!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2015, 09:14 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Goodness me I hate new cars Tongue Deffo need to start stockpiling all my pre 2000 cars, cant think of many things newer than I can say I would actually drive / like!

+1 they have zero feel and stupidly massive spaceship dashes. Although for a boring cruiser they're pretty good lol
Thanks given by:
Pfff, nonsense! New Fiesta is every bit a decent hatch, even the base models out handle a Gti6.

True about the big dash though, and how do the make such a small car on the inside, so large on the outside? Reverse tardis!
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
The new civic is absolute bollocks! looks like someone crashed it into halfords. Keep seeing them at shelsley and everything about them is just pants.

And honda bullshitted their way to a 4sec quicker lap than the 275 trophy R megane on the nurburg. Renault used a production line car while honda used one that was mapped and caged with all the a/c etc removed lol That civic is no doubt quick but not as quick as they like to make out, its no supercar slayer.

The 308 gti will be more Focus ST category than anything else. the focus is quick but no match for the civic or the meg.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I'd probably keep my money..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2015, 10:21 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Pfff, nonsense! New Fiesta is every bit a decent hatch, even the base models out handle a Gti6.

True about the big dash though,  and how do the make such a small car on the inside, so large on the outside? Reverse tardis!

Sorry I wasnt referring to how they drive / perform,  was just referring to how they all look, big, bulky, round clunky things!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Quite a few of my friends have test driven the new civic - 308bhp? at the front.
They weren't that impressed with it.
We have a demo car at our local dealership which people can test - tempted to book myself in
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2015, 10:21 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: True about the big dash though, and how do the make such a small car on the inside, so large on the outside? Reverse tardis!

Easy...between the dash and bulkhead there's loads of stuff that non-car people like me want to make it feel like you're in a living room rather than a tin box on wheels...sound deadening for one... (Severely lacking in the Focus!!) But also loads of modules, motors, wiring and sensors for driver aids and comfort extras...and all the safety shite of course.

I'd really like a brand new car with all the modern tech if they weren't so expensive for a decent one, I'm well aware most on here won't lol.

The rear end of that Civic looks bloody awful btw, the 90s max power spoiler just looks daft! Saw the front of one at a marketing thing the other day, looked alright from the front, now I know why they reverse parked it! lol
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2015, 09:14 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Goodness me I hate new cars Tongue Deffo need to start stockpiling all my pre 2000 cars, cant think of many things newer than I can say I would actually drive / like!

Too true buddy! My thoughts exactly if I had space!

(17-08-2015, 10:06 PM)Iceman299 Wrote:

+1 they have zero feel and stupidly massive spaceship dashes. Although for a boring cruiser they're pretty good lol

Yup I do enjoy the benefits of cruise control, working AC and more space in the 307sw but it's boring as sin, ugly and constantly bleeping faults at me making me wish there was a six or seven seat 306 but there isn't so if we have to live with them for our daily so be it but thinking ahead maybe 10 or 15 years I am already pitying our kids generation when they're looking at old 308's and focuses with 3 dead brains in each of them and every possible sensor dead or dying, uneconomical to fix nevermind modding them:-( so I will without doubt be keeping at least 1 306 for my kids to learn to drive in and maintain as their first car largely for the physical feel of driving a real actual mechanical car!! Long live the mighty 306!
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2015, 09:18 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote:
(17-08-2015, 10:21 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Pfff, nonsense! New Fiesta is every bit a decent hatch, even the base models out handle a Gti6.

True about the big dash though,  and how do the make such a small car on the inside, so large on the outside? Reverse tardis!

Sorry I wasnt referring to how they drive / perform,  was just referring to how they all look, big, bulky, round clunky things!

Oh yeah on that basis I mostly agree, although every now and again something comes along which really works. 

Ive seen an alfa romeo 4c in person and it was sublime. That said, it's a sports car so doesn't really count. I do quite like the current VW polo though. A bit bland looking, but I think the proportions are quite good for a new hatchback.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2015, 07:08 PM)td163 Wrote:
(17-08-2015, 05:39 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Mmehhhhhh how much of a baller do you have to be to buy one of these new...

Not enough tho, the Civic is only a few grand more and is a f*cking impressive car, even if it does look shit.

The Focus RS is coming in a touch under £30K as well, and with 4WD and a 2.3 Turbo it makes the £28K for the Pug look like money down the drain.
Thanks given by:
I did wonder who they were marketing this at when I saw the price.

Most car folk would opt for the lairy styled Civic, the rich for the BMW or Merc, and the sensible bunch would go for the Golf and the ones on more of a budget will get the Astra or Focus. Who does that leave? French fans. And they've either gone and bought a Megane or are still waxing lyrical about their 172/182 or 306 and have no desire to change any time soon.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
TBH if i was buying a brand new hot hatch i would have the Merc A45 AMG that just trounces everything in every department.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
The A45 is immense. On par with the E63 in a quarter mile. WTF!
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
Hot hatches are meant to be 'affordable' though...not sure the Merc really fits there...
Thanks given by:
£38k up.

anyone looking at these will be on finance anyway.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2015, 12:18 PM)welshpug Wrote: £38k up.

anyone looking at these will be on finance anyway.

£40K OTR, add in a few options and you're suddenly well on the way to 50K

Whatever way you look at it, it's f*cking expensive for a hatchback.
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2015, 08:57 PM)Niall Wrote: That pic of the civic dresses it up a bit. In reality, its bloody ugly although does have a nice arse. Apparently though it is a VERY capable car!

yeah i have seen the "vs" videos online and around!

[Image: peugeot-2008-dkr.jpg]

2008... Twin turbo 3.0 v6 HDi nuff said!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2015, 11:34 AM)r3k1355 Wrote:
(17-08-2015, 07:08 PM)td163 Wrote:

Not enough tho, the Civic is only a few grand more and is a f*cking impressive car, even if it does look shit.

The Focus RS is coming in a touch under £30K as well, and with 4WD and a 2.3 Turbo it makes the £28K for the Pug look like money down the drain.

And the RS with holds it money a hell of alot better than the 308
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
I saw one of the new Civics parked up when in Wales last week. It was in a dark grey and imo looked pretty good :-) A bit over the top maybe but proportion wise, not bad at all!

I had to google it when I got home as hadn't realised a new one had even been released!
Thanks given by: