new job!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new job!
well lads, i have made the move to go on to agency, i start sometime after the 24th august, I am going into warehousing, As my current job role is a pure farce now a long with the company, We have lost 25 people with in a space of a year and more are leaving still!
But on note, i may not be on here that often and i may have to sell my metro!
But the aim of the game is to get a house at some point when i land a decent contract somewhere. As where i am i cannot even get a gaff! luckly the two cars are paid for anyway, ( the metro was a cheap car to buy)
Thanks given by:
I thought you were going for one at Nissan?
Thanks given by:
Congrats
Thanks given by:
(13-08-2015, 09:28 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: I thought you were going for one at Nissan?
never got in sadly, but i think that was due to my age, as they like them about 18 to about 25 for the line.
(13-08-2015, 09:29 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Congrats

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Didn't you just tell me the other day you got in at Nissan?  Huh
Thanks given by:
(13-08-2015, 09:46 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: Didn't you just tell me the other day you got in at Nissan?  Huh

one of the Nissan warehouse agencies.
Thanks given by:
Well done and good luck

I work in warehousing it's pretty dier,luckily I work with some pretty f*cked up individuals which makes up for it.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
You have to look at the big picture

In February I made the jump from working the back room of a dealership to a sales roll for a totaly different set of manufacturers, was a big and bold step with lots of apprehension involved.

In that time I've become the number one salesman out performing people who have done the job for a long time, become the second in command to the sales manager ( who keeps asking me how to do the simplest of tasks) and become brand manager for two of the three brands we supply!

First couple of months wages were only slightly more than I was on but after that I am taking home at least double what I was on.

Looking forward to a good September when I should get twenty cars out the door
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2015, 07:13 PM)swampy Wrote: You have to look at the big picture

In February I made the jump from working the back room of a dealership to a sales roll for a totaly different set of manufacturers, was a big and bold step with lots of apprehension involved.

In that time I've become the number one salesman out performing people who have done the job for a long time, become the second in command to the sales manager ( who keeps asking me how to do the simplest of tasks) and become brand manager for two of the three brands we supply!

First couple of months wages were only slightly more than I was on but after that I am taking home at least double what I was on.

Looking forward to a good September when I should get twenty cars out the door

yeah that's what I did, as the place I am at now, just keeps the brakes on you fully.
My mate did the same a couple of years ago, and now he has a house of his own, 3 cars, and caravan! 
 I want a some of that, not sure about the caravan side, but a gaff and maybe a second classic car.
Thanks given by:
Congratulations man. Not a fan of the metro going idea though
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2015, 09:35 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Congratulations man. Not a fan of the metro going idea though

I am not, but it might have to go sadly. I hope not mind, as I do have a few things to do with the car still.
Thanks given by:
Hi Procta, didn't know Victoria Beckhams career was launched with a picture of a metro cabriolet! Wow
Excellent page here I just read on petrolblog!
http://petrolblog.com/2015/05/dear-peopl...ess-wrong/
How's the job going then?
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2015, 11:34 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: Hi Procta, didn't know Victoria Beckhams career was launched with a picture of a metro cabriolet! Wow
Excellent page here I just read on petrolblog!
http://petrolblog.com/2015/05/dear-peopl...ess-wrong/
How's the job going then?

I never knew that either! 
I am currently working my notice at the min, Then we will be stepping into the un known!
Thanks given by:
What I have to do is sign on, so that I can get my training funded, as it looks like I could be put on the forks! The lad said, you will need to sign on so you can get your training funded, as your entitled to it. Then we will start you, So watch this space!
Thanks given by:
Watch out mate, they don't normally fund training unless you've been on the scrapheap for 6 months or more!
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2015, 07:29 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: Watch out mate, they don't normally fund training unless you've been on the scrapheap for 6 months or more!

This, otherwise everyone would do it! Sounds fishy to me!
Thanks given by:
I would maybe have a word with your current boss about an extension to your notice period until u know for def!
Thanks given by:
My wife is at a high grade in the dwp and advises you find out the details

If you leave a job voluntarily you will not be able to claim for six months it's what they call a sanction
Then you would need to claim for a minimum of six months prior to being considered for retraining

So stay where you are until it's 100% confirmed
Thanks given by: 1616six
the agency gets the funding not me, as their training is gov funded. My mate was out of work for 2 weeks and done the same thing, They gave him a weeks training at Vantec, ( one of Nissan based warehouses) they are always crying out for fork lift drivers.
Thanks given by:
Yeah but you still can't sign on for 6 months! :-(
Thanks given by:
Yeah there is something massively fishy about this.

If I were to willingly walk out of my job today, I couldn't just go to the Job Centre tomorrow and sign on - do you not think everyone would be doing it if it worked that way?!

It sounds like typical agency tactics to me, as long as they get their fee for finding someone they're happy - You'll now end up being unemployed for 6 months then signing on, funding your own training or crawling back to your old job.

Anything that seems too good to be true usually is.

Think of it like this, if all these people in rubbish jobs could just quit.. sign on.. go to an agency the next day and get funding for a fork lift truck license and a new job at the end of it.. there would be people left right & centre doing it!

Sorry to put a downer on it, but you've been lead down the garden path IMHO and it'll just be a matter of time before it's confirmed.
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2015, 08:22 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: Yeah but you still can't sign on for 6 months! :-(

I did around 4 years ago. Left my job to go work for a one man band who had no work and was an arse. Phoned up and signed on 2 days after leaving my previous job. Luckily I started a new job 3 weeks later. Things may have changed though now.
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2015, 08:37 AM)Quote from t\internet Wrote: People leaving work are treated as having made themselves voluntarily unemployed. This applies if you resign, walk out or are sacked for misconduct. It doesn't apply to redundancy, end of contracts or on medical grounds (which can include workplace stress), or where you can show good cause (e.g. unfair dismissal).

Otherwise you are automatically classed as voluntarily unemployed. Unless you can disprove it, you face a sanction of up to 26 weeks without any benefit at all.

I suppose that means he can sign on but won't get any benefit.
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2015, 08:41 AM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(21-08-2015, 08:37 AM)Quote from t\internet Wrote: People leaving work are treated as having made themselves voluntarily unemployed. This applies if you resign, walk out or are sacked for misconduct. It doesn't apply to redundancy, end of contracts or on medical grounds (which can include workplace stress), or where you can show good cause (e.g. unfair dismissal).

Otherwise you are automatically classed as voluntarily unemployed. Unless you can disprove it, you face a sanction of up to 26 weeks without any benefit at all.
Yeah but in the 26 weeks they don't pay you you still have to keep a record job log and attend interviews and sign on every fortnight otherwise they sanction u again so more hassle than its worth!
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2015, 08:41 AM)JJ0063 Wrote:

it also means he won't qualify for funding for re training
id firstly ask for what the agency require you to do in writing and then speak to the job center about if it's true

Thanks given by:
Yup get it all confirmed before you make the jump!
Thanks given by:
well lads i thought id update on this,
i have done some training for the agency, As a company called faltec are taking on, have a look at their link
http://www.faltec.co.uk/

Anyway this is better than where i was going to go, i am making parts for renault, basically pressing a button and snipping the waste off the end product.
Thanks given by:
Glad it's working out so far, good luck with it.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(29-09-2015, 04:48 PM)Poodle Wrote: Glad it's working out so far, good luck with it.

cheers, its worlds apart from what I was doing, and no way near as nasty at all.
Thanks given by:
Awesome bud, back to the grind!:-)
Thanks given by: