How are the crank and cam breathers setup on HDI's?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are the crank and cam breathers setup on HDI's?
Alright guys Smile Just wondering how these are setup on this engine? Are there any one way valves? Where does the large on coming from the front middle of the cam cover go?

Any knowledge would b3 great Smile

Thanks,
Jack
Thanks given by:
Breather system is very simple, no one way valves. Big breather goes down to crank case near top of flywheel.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
And one into the air intake from the rocker cover
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys Smile trying to work out why my dipstick keels popping up :/ looking more and more like excessive blow by than a block pcv setup :/ haha
Thanks given by:
Check the breathe coming out the rocker is clear at a guess
Thanks given by:
Yeahh it's all good haha :/
Thanks given by:
I've seen this on a couple of HDi's with clear breathers, they last thousands of miles doing it with no noticeable downsides so I've no idea what causes it lol!
Thanks given by:
I thought there was a check valve, it's built into the rocker cover and is connected to the one that connects to the inlet pipe I thought.

I may be wrong though... But I thought that did have a check-valve in it.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I will take the breather off and have a look in a bit Smile
Thanks given by:
I don't think there is a check valve in the rocker cover, its just a plate in there which might be to stop oil splashes going to the intake.
Thanks given by:
Would make sense as it's only ever connected to the intake side of the turbo there is no chance of there ever being pressure trying to force back into the cam cover
Thanks given by:
I know for example an XUD9 has a check valve, it's the round thing that normally clips to the intercooler...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
its likely to be built into the cover as it is plastic.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by: