Not a 306 but 307

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a 306 but 307
Well as title says my misses just bought a 307 hdi xsi with the 136 bhp engine all seemed fine till today when the engine seems to judder when your driving at a constant speed as if you are touching the brakes and then letting of again plus lots of black smoke when you accelerate, anyone have any advice? Or ideas? Been a long time since iv owned a peugeot hdi engine lol
Thanks given by:
when was it last serviced?? check the air filter. or may be the air flow sensor is f00ked?
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann race centre pipe
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
No EML or depoll fault? Sounds like a DPF issue tbh.
Thanks given by:
No lights on the dash and it had the liquid refilled around 20k ago but I did think might be air flow sensor if we had it read for errors would any faults show up if there isn't any engine management lights on? Just a bit annoying not even owning g it a week
Thanks given by:
Might just be doing a regen, is it constant or did it only last like 10 minutes?

Generic fault reader may pick up a code, but you need PP really. Btw I have PP in Ipswich if you're over this way at all... Wink
Thanks given by:
It's constant buddy! Ok pal that's really useful to no! It's off to carl chambers tomorrow anyway see what he says
Thanks given by:
Before you go tomorrow unplug the grey plug from the top of the maf and see if there's any difference?
I have the 110 hdi in my 307 sw and doing this cured a few probs with mine!
Thanks given by:
Does the eml work? Check that the light comes on and goes off as it should when the engine is started
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
This is the 16v engine, not the same as in the 306. Does sound a lot like a maf issue, most newer cr engines can be a bit weird when the maf goes, hard to tell though without getting it on diagnostics to see what's occuring.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ok, so you should have a DPF on this so it should be fairly hard to get smoke out of it, unless something is majorly wrong (or the DPF is removed).

Sounds like a possible EGR problem to me, but would need to run a live session to see what's going on.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Yeah it's the 16v engine left it at Carl's he's going to run diagnostics then see what that tells us, I thought either egr as or airflow censors but is there any easy ways to tell what's at fault?

I also wondered if it's been remapped, as it's quick and pulls very hard! Equally as quick as my gti 6, so maybe a bad map could cause the problems?
Thanks given by:
.xudlingos dad just stripped a 55 plate 136 xsi Hdi 307 so if u need?? I took all brakes except nsr and heater matrix for the bus just in case but worth an ask if u have a need!
Engines gone! Went in to an E7 taxi! ;-)))
Thanks given by:
Yes, a bad map will cause problems because they delete every single fault code out of the ECU to get rid of DPF faults, the only problem is that you can't diagnose it when something goes wrong.

If you get some readings of MAF on idle, and also MAF and boost pressure on full boost then I'll try and point you in the right direction.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
OK buddy yeah I'll try and get some for you! Cheers for your help!
Thanks given by:
The only fault which showed up was the coolant temperature sensor, temperature has been fine since we've had it though so would this cause these type of symptoms?
Thanks given by:
Guess it could do if its trying to run a cold map on a hot engine. Cheap and easy to replace so may as well try it!
Thanks given by:
That's what my thoughts are Tom, maybe over fuelling and hopefully will be the cure guna try it and go from there
Thanks given by: