Clutch kit Stage 2 ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch kit Stage 2 ?
after upping my boost a little to high, my clutch has started slipping on boost. ive been looking at either this or this i think for what i read the only difference is one is paddle clutch, does anyone have a experience with either one ?
Thanks given by:
Both only rated for 40% increase, which is stage 1 figures.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Many people have used cg clutches though with good success although I have heard equal amounts of bad reviews
Thanks given by:
have been speaking to a Andrew at CG, he says that there Stage 3 paddle will be fine for stage 2
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2015, 06:16 PM)MrBigMac Wrote: have been speaking to a Andrew at CG, he says that there Stage 3 paddle will be fine for stage 2

do you use the car daily?? because I hear that paddle clutch are not good for daily use. also they wear quicker too.

Even the CG Motorsport web site says there not for daily use. 

Just some think to think about before you order the clutch.
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann race centre pipe
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
yeah its my daily, i did question that with him as i read all the information about the clutch. finding a clutch seems to be proving difficult lol
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2015, 07:00 PM)MrBigMac Wrote: yeah its my daily, i did question that with him as i read all the information about the clutch. finding a clutch seems to be proving difficult lol

dont rush into it, speak to some guys on here they will point you in the right place  Rofl
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
My helix is still going good after 20k of daily use. It is a heavy clutch due to the uprated pressure plate but im glad ive got it.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i sort of have to rush lol as need car. what Helix do you use ? do you have a link ?
Thanks given by:
have a read here http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=31486

its a diffident engine but worth a read
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
Paddles really aren't that bad to drive with daily. As far as I'm aware there isn't really any other option out there other than a paddle clutch if you want it to hold the torque. More than likely it won't last as long as a standard clutch would but with tuning you have to take the good with the bad I guess

Oh and clutches do seem to be hot topic on here and facebook ATM
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2015, 07:49 PM)MrBigMac Wrote: after upping my boost a little to high, my clutch has started slipping on boost. ive been looking at either this or this i think for what i read the only difference is one is paddle clutch, does anyone have a experience with either one ?

just out of interest  how many miles is on your clutch?? and how many mile have you done with a stage 2 on that clutch.
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
Standard valeo had done 90k I got 178miles I got a bit carried away setting my IBC up

I did think about putting a valeo in it but with maybe a stronger pressure plate
Thanks given by:
CG don't seem to do a great job with their hdi clutches, a search in this section will reveal a lot of people who have had issues previously. Helix are expensive, but do the job nicely, i actually found mine fine to drive if a little heavy. Certainly wasn't juddery and impossible in traffic as some have found their paddle clutches, probably thanks to the sprung centre. There are a few other options, but not many tried and tested by members on here.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Helix stage 3 cover with the fast road organic friction plate, bites hard but not unpleasant so it's very smooth once you're used to it. Holding very well on a stage 1+, will report back once she's properly boosted.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Would there be any advantage of converting the gearbox to run a pull type clutch like the xud's? And then buy a cg clutch for a 1.9 xud as people seem to have more success with the xud kits over the hdi kits
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2015, 11:21 PM)shervo Wrote: Would there be any advantage of converting the gearbox to run a pull type clutch like the xud's? And then buy a cg clutch for a 1.9 xud as people seem to have more success with the xud kits over the hdi kits

Some do say its a better design, with the different designs with standard clutch the xud style tends to hold a bit more torque. I can't think of any that have had too many issues with the hdi style CG clutch though?
Thanks given by:
Get either the Helix clutch or a Black diamond clutch. I've used CG twice before and I won't be using them again.

When buying a clutch it should do what it's advertised to do, you shouldn't be taking a gamble as to whether or not it will work and how long it will last, it's a lot of money and a lot of work to fit one.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by: MrBigMac
(09-08-2015, 11:04 AM)Frosty Wrote:
(08-08-2015, 11:21 PM)shervo Wrote: Would there be any advantage of converting the gearbox to run a pull type clutch like the xud's? And then buy a cg clutch for a 1.9 xud as people seem to have more success with the xud kits over the hdi kits

Some do say its a better design, with the different designs with standard clutch the xud style tends to hold a bit more torque. I can't think of any that have had too many issues with the hdi style CG clutch though?

As far as i was aware your own experiences with CG have been fairly appalling, could be thinking of somebody else though... If it was a one off i wouldn't be interested, but when members on here seem to have issues more often than not it becomes difficult to ignore. Or not, apparently lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well the 1 off cg for my Xud didn't last long but not sure why when mark had his at the same time and run more power/torque though his. Then I had the issue with the 1 I got off someone brand new but hit the gearbox. They weren't overly helpful on that but don't think they really wanted to know as I didn't buy it direct from them.

Got 1 on the estate now and seems all good and has done about 8000 miles. Pleased with it so far so can just go by that I guess
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2015, 12:25 PM)pro_steve Wrote: Get either the Helix clutch or a Black diamond clutch. I've used CG twice before and I won't be using them again.

When buying a clutch it should do what it's advertised to do, you shouldn't be taking a gamble as to whether or not it will work and how long it will last, it's a lot of money and a lot of work to fit one.

Which Black Diamond clutch would you suggest.? Does it need to be the paddle clutch or is their Kevlar clutch capable enough.?
Thanks given by:
Stage 3 for they recommend for tuned diesel's which is 5or6 paddle iirc from what I read on there site
Thanks given by:
I would go with their paddle clutch personally, if you're going to upgrade the clutch you may as well go with the toughest.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Yeah. Paddle clutch is quite a bit more expensive than the Kevlar though and the Kevlar would drive more like a standard clutch. I wonder if anybody has used the Black Diamond Kevlar clutch on a full fat stage 2.??
Thanks given by:
I think there was somebody on here who fitted one a year or so ago and reported back with good results. If memory serves it's barely more expensive than oem valeo so got to be worth a shot.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
these are the prices i have found for Black diamond not found any cheaper yet
Peugeot 306 2.0 HDi 90 08/98 > 04/02 Stage 1 £ 178.00
Peugeot 306 2.0 HDi 90 08/98 > 04/02 Stage 2 £ 232.00
Peugeot 306 2.0 HDi 90 08/98 > 04/02 Stage 3 £ 371.00

had email back from helix the cant do clutch for hdi on standard flywheel and only rate paddle clutch to 300lbs.
Thanks given by:
I work for a Black Diamond Distributor. I can look into a group buy if there is enough interest.?
Thanks given by:
now that i would be interested in on a stage 3 clutch, what sort of price do think you could get ?
Thanks given by:
I ran the black diamond Kevlar clutch on my 210BHP 1.6 206, but the torque wasn't massively high because the turbo took so long to spool. Drove VERY nice and was still nice and light with a complete smooth pull away, I could even say it drove nicer than the stock clutch. These take AGES to bed in though.

Just looked and I was running about 340Nm through it, and this clutch is the same diameter and spline etc as the 2.0 clutch, so personally I would say go for the paddle clutch if you want to guarantee it will hold.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2015, 04:33 PM)MrBigMac Wrote: now that i would be interested in on a stage 3 clutch, what sort of price do think you could get ?

I will ask the question and get prices on the stage 2 and stage 3 clutches.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best clutch for stage 2 L16rye 4 2,300 15-11-2016, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Stage 2 Clutch Chris HDI 15 3,628 23-08-2015, 08:28 PM
Last Post: ct-hdi
  Best clutch for a stage 1 hdi? Iceman299 10 3,168 05-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Iceman299