306 hdi non start

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 hdi non start
Have just been given a moonstone 5 door hdi meridian it has been sat for 5 months and will not start it does start with easy start and plenty fuel is gettin moved around the system any ideas turns over perfect
Thanks given by:
can you hear the lift pump in the tank working???? give it a tap might make it work.
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann race centre pipe
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
any luck??
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann race centre pipe
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
Get it on diagnostics if you can, will give you an idea of where to start. It's probably cam/crank sync or weak battery if you can get it going with easy start, but won't know for sure without a bit of diagnostic work first. Check the link in my sig, fair bit of info in there.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Been hectic in work got it on ramp today gave tank sender a tap but still nothin i can hear it prime ok but wont fire up battery is good also no faults using my bosch diagnostic kit only got car donor part for my 306 hdi will end up sending to scrappy i think
Thanks given by:
Codes are only the most basic of info with these, better off having a look through the live data for anything that doesn't look right. What's the battery voltage? Is the immobiliser communicating with the ecu?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Clean up the fuel pressure regulator, my brothers car hasn't been starting for a few days, he'd been bump starting it and it'd then run fine. Cleaned the fpr and it fired up.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
One i dint think was the fpr still aint been able to get chance on car again have another go then itll be off to scrappy with it i think
Thanks given by:
Where are you? Don't scrap it, seems pointless when it could be a very easy fix.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
When you say starts with easy start does it keep running or as soon as the easy start is gone cuts out?
Have you got access to PP2000 or know someone that has it?
Thanks given by:
Im in scotland the body and interior are in poor shape no it doesnt keep running so i know it fueling issue but just dnt have time fix it my hdi runs great only took car help a mate out so was free
Thanks given by: