Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hey there,

Thought it was about time to get on and introduce myself etc. Picked up my moonstone blue 306 hdi for £200. It was a little rugged in places but had good history etc so this aided in me parting with the cash. Funnily enough this is only the 2nd diesel I've owned and omg I can't believe the economy on these hdi's! My other diesel experience was a 300tdi disco so mostly everything was gonna be better then that to be fair. So really chuffed with it and the way it drives. I have come from a mainly alfa background so expecting to get some stick too Tongue The 306 in it's forum just now does beat my 146ti and 156 v6 I had previous. Did have a few things to sort out for it's mot. Rear sills was the big job then just a few little bits an bobs, "p" bushes and brake pipes. She sailed through no problem once these were done.

Other the uprating to Gti-6 front brakes that's about the only thing I've done performance wise. Plan is to tidy her up a bit and get it set up as a b road beauty. Really looking forward to the journey and hopefully hitting a few shows/ meets on the way.

All the best,

Adam

[attachment=undefined]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Sills...bad times....Gti-6 calipers, braided hoses and grooved discs....good times Smile

Thanks given by:
Welcome! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the welcome Smile
Thanks given by:
Hi, and welcome, what happened to the rear sill?>?
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann race centre pipe
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
(05-08-2015, 12:50 PM)craig306 Wrote: Hi, and welcome, what happened to the rear sill?>?

Rot, Had to cut it all out and weld it up. Passenger side was worse then divers. Was surprised how much there was to be honest!!

How do you find the stage one on your hdi?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2015, 10:24 PM)Ajohnstonec1 Wrote:
(05-08-2015, 12:50 PM)craig306 Wrote: Hi, and welcome, what happened to the rear sill?>?

Rot, Had to cut it all out and weld it up. Passenger side was worse then divers. Was surprised how much there was to be honest!!

How do you find the stage one on your hdi?

Cheers

I've never seen a pug rust that bad before.  And the stage 1 is great. But soon to be stage 2 when I get a interoler fitted.
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann race centre pipe
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome

Ohh nasty bit of rust but atleast you got it cheap
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
welcome.
not too rough bar the rust, my brothers just gone stage 1 on his hdi seems pretty happy with it make sure you go to a good mapper
Thanks given by:
Love this color!

What is the grooved disc that you fitted on ?
1999 306 GTI-6 PT81 & Remapping
2000 406 SRI 2.0 Turbo 6M/T @ 1 Bar Boosted

[Image: 150521115952.jpg]

Thanks given by:
(09-08-2015, 05:50 PM)blinkyeatu Wrote: welcome.
not too rough bar the rust, my brothers just gone stage 1 on his hdi seems pretty happy with it make sure you go to a good mapper

Yeah i'll use someone off here Smile Hopefully my rust issues are gone for a few years at least! Not afraid of a bit of work so I don't mind doing a bit of cutting and wielding here an there. Thinking i'll go stage one for the moment. My lump at it's mileage is a bit high I think to be going stage 2....unless anyone on here disagrees? I know there pretty boom prove motors...

(09-08-2015, 01:08 PM)7057sam Wrote: Hello and welcome

Ohh nasty bit of rust but atleast you got it cheap

Cheers! Tell me about it! guessing the previous owners didn't use the jacking points at all....totally split the seems as such!

(10-08-2015, 02:29 AM)maxzy Wrote: Love this color!

What is the grooved disc that you fitted on ?

I do like it Smile Really really wanted a china blue tho!

I got them with the calipers, I think there EBC ones judging by the finish on them. Need a matching set at the rears now.
Thanks given by: