How often do you guys change your oil?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How often do you guys change your oil?
Quick question tbf. When using quality oil (Currently have Mobil super 3000) and a good oil filter (OEM Peugeot one)

How often would you change your oil?

Also is a Bosch oil filter from ECP much worse than the OEM Peugeot one? Im thinking the Bosch one would be fine? I can get a Bosch filter, Good oil, and a good air filter from ECP cheaper and easier than having to always check my Peugeot dealer near my has stuff in stock.

Thanks, Jack
Thanks given by:
Yearly on a DW10 (~12k)... 6 monthly on a DV6 (~6k)... Bosch filter will be fine.

Some will say the DW10 needs 6 monthly changes but I've seen inside several neglected DW10s, they aren't at all fussy on oil or change regularity and turbo's don't seem to mind either.
Thanks given by:
I do mine every 6k ish or so. Or sooner if iv been messing with oil coolers ect. Mainly cos its quick scbd easy to do so do s change if I'm feeling bored and got time to kill on a weekend
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
I do mine every 3k. But thats excessive. 6 k on an xud will be fine. Not sure on other stuff.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2015, 08:30 AM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Quick question tbf. When using quality oil (Currently have Mobil super 3000) and a good oil filter (OEM Peugeot one)

Also is a Bosch oil filter from ECP much worse than the OEM Peugeot one? Im thinking the Bosch one would be fine? I can get a Bosch filter, Good oil, and a good air filter from ECP cheaper and easier than having to always check my Peugeot dealer near my has stuff in stock.

Thanks, Jack

I change my oil in my 306 hdi every 6,000 miles. The oil clean and when it hits around 6,000 miles it starts to go black. I can see it needs changing just at the colour.
Thanks given by:
I change mine on my HDI around every 8k ish, on 143,000 miles now.
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2015, 09:58 AM)Welshy_Pete Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 08:30 AM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Quick question tbf. When using quality oil (Currently have Mobil super 3000) and a good oil filter (OEM Peugeot one)

Thanks, Jack

I change my oil in my 306 hdi every 6,000 miles. The oil clean and when it hits around 6,000 miles it starts to go black. I can see it needs changing just at the colour.

You must have the cleanest diesel ever... Diesel oil goes black almost instantly! Confused
Thanks given by:
5k on the dot. Mega cheap to do.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
As others have said every 5/6k, prob drop the oil on mine this weekend. Would doing the fuel filter as often as well especially on a hdi as the housing quite often has little filings in there that you dont want getting into your hp pump. For what the filter cost defo worth doing. Thats my thoughts anyway
Thanks given by:
I think I manage fuel/oil filter and fully synth oil for all under £20 delivered

Best thing for keeping your engine healthy ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2015, 10:17 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 09:58 AM)Welshy_Pete Wrote:

Thanks, Jack

You must have the cleanest diesel ever...  Diesel oil goes black almost instantly! Confused

My diesel oil stays clean it don't go black till it hits roughly 6,000miles.

Want me to take pictures of the mileage and oil. I last changed the oil 1,000 miles ago another 5,000 miles left. The places I go to dont see many diesel cars with clean oil like mine.

I know what you mean about diesel oil going black.
Thanks given by:
Lol, no need for pics, I believe you, just never seen diesel oil do more than about a tank of fuel before its solid black again!
Thanks given by:
Mine leaks so much it effectively gets fresh oil every couple of thousand miles anyway! lol Just need to get round to changing the filter. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Theres no way your diesel engine oil is still clean 1000miles later!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If its still clean it means its crap oil that has no detergents in it Big Grin should be black after less than 100 miles
Thanks given by:
I do mine as per Peugeot's schedule of every 12k miles (roughly every 6 months with my mileage) using a decent quality oil and filter.

Given that my last 306 HDi had the same servicing regime and was still going strong with over 250k miles on it and didn't use any oil, I'm happy to do that on my current one too.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
hdi gets done every 12months which is around 10kmiles

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Around 8k for me
Thanks given by:
Once a year, they're pretty ballsy/hardy engines. If its done every year you know its all good Wink

As for the colour...Its gonna be black pretty quick, i was checking my oil, after a change, on the regs (due to paranoia of leaks) and was watching it go black over a few days Confused I thought that was pretty normal...
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
Yeah oil in diesels go black within days..
Thanks given by:
once a year, before annual holiday
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Anyone getting a brand new diesel car or van anytime soon???
Would like to see how long it takes to go black in a new 0 mile engine!?!?
Maybe no difference though but interesting to see if there was/is!
Thanks given by:
My dads got a volvo diesel with not many miles on can have a quick look tomorow because that's a good point tbf haha.
Thanks given by:
These are the pictures the oil still clean I changed the oil at 175,300 miles now its on 176,375 miles. Just look how still clean that oil is just over 1000 miles.

The oil not that full I'm parked on a hill.

[Image: 20150802_1516141.jpg]

[Image: 20150802_1516541.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Interesting.. Might wanna check your levels though, that looks a bit full lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(02-08-2015, 02:29 PM)Welshy_Pete Wrote: The oil not that full I'm parked on a hill.

Wink

I change mine every 8-10k, but drive pretty hard. These are pretty unfussy engines tbh, i've seen them properly mistreated and still running fine at 150k+.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(01-08-2015, 04:49 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: I do mine as per Peugeot's schedule of every 12k miles (roughly every 6 months with my mileage) using a decent quality oil and filter.

Given that my last 306 HDi had the same servicing regime and was still going strong with over 250k miles on it and didn't use any oil, I'm happy to do that on my current one too.

This.

Took mine from 70 to 274K with 12K oil and filter intervals using Peugeot filter and Quartz 7000.

I did 95% motorway miles though, but changing it at 3K you're just wasting your money.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
As above, changing it before 6k is overkill on these engines.
Thanks given by:
welshy pete, could you take a pic of inside the camshaft area please?

do you use an oil flush at oil change time??

and has the sump been of since you got this car?
Thanks given by:
To be honest when I did my first change after buying the car I bought 5l of flushing oil which is dirt cheap oil basically. I put that in and idled it for 30 minutes. When I then changed to my proper new oil it stayed pretty clean for a fair few weeks really. Flushing definitly makes a difference and does remove all the muck and dirt from the previous oil. I doubt I will do it again though. I only did it as I had just bought the car.
Thanks given by: