Grenade not pumping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grenade not pumping
Fairly silly question but will turning the motor over help pull some fuel to the grenade? I pump and pump it and there seems to be no vaccum happening (Not a leaky hose I believe, there's slight fuel around the grenade but was the same and working last week). The fuel pump was emptied of fuel from adjusting fuelling and the tank level is about 5 litres.

Is there any problem with turning it over with no fuel in the pump?

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you need to replace the grenade mate, only a few quid Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
As in the grenade is soft? Hard? Or collapses?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the replies guys. Turns out it just needed to be turned over a couple of times to get the fuel moving up the lines.
Thanks given by:
This happened to me once after a filter change and I ended up bleeding it through an injector pipe which solved the prob quick enough!
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't turn it over too much with no fuel in the pump.

Does sound like the grenade has had it
Thanks given by:
If the fuel has drained back to the tank, there's a leak somewhere.

If the grenade won't suck the fuel, the one way valve is probably jammed in it, just need a new grenade.

As said, don't go mental swinging it over if the pump is dry, you're likely to damage the vane pump inside.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Last time my grenade did nothing, my in tank strainer was blocked.
Jussayin.
Another line of enquiry if feck all else does anything.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(27-07-2015, 07:09 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Last time my grenade did nothing, my in tank strainer was blocked.
Jussayin.
Another line of enquiry if feck all else does anything.

I'd say this is contributing. Probably hasn't been looked at for the life of the car.
Thanks given by: