Weekend fun clutch and front bearings change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekend fun clutch and front bearings change
Hi got a weekend full of fun with a clutch and front bearings change on my hdi estate. Just one question is there any surprises i should know about with the clutch done a few over my time on other makes and they all have a easy way. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks given by:
Not really. Not on a hdi. The front bearings need a press though
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Cheers am lucky got access to a press thanks for the heads up. Hopefully it will stay dry and all goes well.
Thanks given by:
You need to remove the big circlips to get the bearing out. They're usually rusted in and are a total bastard to remove.
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
Knowing my luck they will be a set of B's. Think i will get shares in plus gas and wd40
Thanks given by:
Use a pick to scrape the worst of the rust out of the corners, then douse it in plusgas or similar and use a punch in the holes to knock the circlip around in both directions to free it up, as in knocking towards the other hole in the circlip if that makes sense. Means it's a piece of cake to then get out with the circlip pliers.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Cheers they are rusted good and proper. Not got round to doing the bearings as the previous owner has either had the work done on the car by a idiot or its himself thats done it. all most every bolt or nut is rounded. Or threads are damaged. Took most of the day just to remove the hubs and drive shafts and gearbox. Think i going to buy my local peugeot service department. Round two tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
Cheers for all the advice people finally got it all done a few casualties ie the 15ton press is now deceased bearings were well and truly fu bared. On the plus side it drives like a dream.
Thanks given by:
Haha glad to hear you got it sorted, impressed you killed the press!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It went with a bang that's for sure. Made a 2 inch dent in the concrete floor. The lads in the engineering shop all hit the deck thinking a gas tank had gone. Ended up using good old heat and a 50 ton press they use for pressing metal it only just went. looks like the last person didnt put them in square and it allowed water in between which help lock them in.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front wheel bearings Mighty306 0 1,466 22-08-2020, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Front wheel bearings mackat 10 3,364 01-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Last Post: mackat
  Clutch bearings Calpin 1 781 09-03-2015, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Seb_Ryan