Diesel...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel...
...costs the same as petrol!! WTF? I haven't seen that for about 10 years. Confused

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
I know I saw the same the other day
Thanks given by:
I read somewhere the other day that someone had seen diesel a penny cheaper than petrol lol.

Something to do with the duty freeze on the budget?
Thanks given by:
Yeah dervs been the same as petrol for a while. Always makes me laugh that its more expensive when its cheaper to produce.

Also its 114.7 at Asda tom
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
London Sainsburys doing derv @ 113.9 I always get advance notice from the other half who works for them
Mechanic in the 90's
Chef in the noughties
Now just pissing about with catering
Thanks given by:
thats mad... more reasons that usual to own a diesel...

i have to say that fuel in europe was only slightly cheaper than in the UK... and then it was about a billion pounds in tolls! So looks like driving is cheaper in the UK!
Thanks given by:
I'm down in the SW'st wales and a few weeks ago i noticed petrol and diesel where the same then diesel started creeping down and petrol up to the point where the other day diesel was 115. summin and petrol was 118. summin.
Thanks given by:
Isnt it to do with the other uses of the diesel fraction?

Heating or something, making demand for it higher in winter???
Thanks given by:
Hmm still more expensive in peterborough !

Though I don't care anymore I just use the shell card
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2015, 12:26 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: I read somewhere the other day that someone had seen diesel a penny cheaper than petrol lol.

Yeah that was me in the chatbox on Sunday lol, it was the Sainsburys on the other side of town, diesel was 115.9 there, petrol 116.9, I couldn't stop for a pic at the time though lol. It's always more expensive over this side as near to the A14 and A12. I've also now got Tesco and 2 BP's about 5 mins away lol, come from no local stations to being spoilt for choice! lol

(14-07-2015, 01:03 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Yeah dervs been the same as petrol for a while. Always makes me laugh that its more expensive when its cheaper to produce.

Also its 114.7 at Asda tom

I don't like ASDA fuel though, I know it's cheap lol. Don't really like supermarket fuel at all. Tend to use BP where possible but couldn't pass up the 115.9 at the weekend lol.

(14-07-2015, 03:22 PM)chylledapps Wrote: London Sainsburys doing derv @ 113.9 I always get advance notice from the other half who works for them

Crikey, I always assumed everything was more expensive in London lol!
Thanks given by:
1st time i have seen that mind, its always been more expensive than petrol.
Thanks given by:
Diesel was cheaper than petrol in cheltenham this morning! glad ive got the hdi and not the saab b204 turbo i was tempted by
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2015, 01:35 PM)thododd Wrote: Diesel was cheaper than petrol in cheltenham this morning! glad ive got the hdi and not the saab b204 turbo i was tempted by

even if diesel was free, you'd still have made the wrong choice there.....
Thanks given by:
Diesel 114.9p
Petrol 115.9p

ST Austell Tesco
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
If diesel was free then the saab wouldve been a much worse choice.

If petrol were free id give the hdi away immediately .... and probably not get a saab

.... but if you can cope with ~35mpg the 9-3 turbo is a hell of a motor for the money. Whats not to like about them?
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2015, 06:48 PM)thododd Wrote: If diesel was free then the saab wouldve been a much worse choice.

If petrol were free id give the hdi away immediately .... and probably not get a saab

.... but if you can cope with ~35mpg the 9-3 turbo is a hell of a motor for the money. Whats not to like about them?

I always got closer to 25mpg in mine! More fun that way.....
Thanks given by:
i do think they need 4 figures for MPG..

Urban,
extra urban
combined
"driven like a twat everywhere"
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Tbh driven like a twat should be the same as Urban anyway. Tongue They usually put awful figures for urban. lol
Thanks given by: