Barclays Bank Cards

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barclays Bank Cards
Does anyone else have issues with damaging Barclays cards?

Every 6 months roughly I need a new one as they stop working in the machines (though it's intermittent for a month or 2 before that). I had put it down to being in my wallet and getting sat on but none of the other cards in there seem to break that often, just the odd one after a couple of years. The current Barclays one I've only had 2 months and it's already playing up. Can't be the machines as I use another banks debit card when the Barclays one fails.

So is it just me or they made poorly?? Worried they'll start charging if I keep needing then so soon lol.

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
mmmm my natwest one doesnt work in some card readers I have found. Its usually the local shell petrol station and it will work the third time. It also has a restriction on it so i cant pay at pump :/
Thanks given by:
Mobile phones in the same pockets can corrupt the magnetic strips
But most use chip and pin now

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Yes, my barclays cards always snap from sitting on them. They are worse than other cards
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2015, 01:32 PM)Eeyore Wrote: mmmm my natwest one doesnt work in some card readers I have found. Its usually the local shell petrol station and it will work the third time. It also has a restriction on it so i cant pay at pump :/

Hmm, wonder if some readers have a wider gap making a poor connection. Surely you could have that restriction lifted if you wanted to pay at pump?

(12-07-2015, 01:46 PM)cully Wrote: Mobile phones in the same pockets can corrupt the magnetic strips
But most use chip and pin now

Sorry should've said it's the chip that breaks, they still swipe ok. I don't put phone and wallet in the same pocket anyway though.

(12-07-2015, 03:44 PM)hbomb1905 Wrote: Yes, my barclays cards always snap from sitting on them. They are worse than other cards

Ah at least it's not just me then!! lol I've only fully snapped a couple, the chip seems to fail before they get that bad lol. Seems daft they don't make a card strong enough to live in a wallet under an arse for a few years... Confused
Thanks given by:
I go through 2 Nationwide cards a year from them being in my wallet which I sit on all day. Never snapped but they wear out.
Thanks given by:
I've only broken the Nationwide one once in about 5 years, it sits next to the Barclays as well! Confused
Thanks given by:
Had my Barclays card 2 years, got 2 cracks in it but still works fine Smile
Thanks given by:
Put your wallet in your front pocket.

(If you wear skinny jeans and it won't fit - put it in your handbag).
Bianca Rallye
1989 205 GTi6 on ITBs
BMW Z4 3.0

Thousands of GTi6 parts availabile.
Thanks given by:
Not the only one, the most i get out my Barclay's card is 7 months before it stops working
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2015, 12:40 PM)Dangti6 Wrote: Put your wallet in your front pocket.

(If you wear skinny jeans and it won't fit - put it in your handbag).

Front pockets are for phone and keys though... I really don't wanna be sitting on those lol!! Rears are for wallet, loose change and some bog roll (just in case Wink ).

Also I don't own any skinny jeans lol. Or a handbag for that matter. That'd save breaking cards completely!
Thanks given by:
always keep mine in my handbag ^-^
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bank holiday weekend! (Thursday / friday thread!) Matt-Rallye 14 2,746 18-04-2017, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Dave
  Its only the blaaa Bank Holiday Weekend.. Pete 38 10,253 26-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Kezzieboy
  If you bank with Natwest ash240970 4 1,478 22-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Grant