Wrecks to riches

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrecks to riches
Anyone seen this program on Discovery Turbo? Stumbled across it this morning while flicking through my stepdads sky channels, and I must say I was appalled!

They basically get given a budget by someone looking for a new car, which they then spend on fixing up some random heap salvaged from a scrapyard. The one I saw this morning featured a guy who loves the mk2 Capri, but wanted something more modern, so gave Dominic Littlewood (the host, says it all really! lol) £7000 to play with. He then salvaged a busted up MGF for a grand, spent nearly 3k putting it straight, then the rest putting a truly awful bodykit on it, and painting it jaffa cake orange, then calling it a sex machine, before giving the bloke an amazing £100 back from his 7k.

I don't know how old this program was, but surely for starters you could get an MGF for less than 7k without the gash bodykit and garish paint? Let alone one that's already seen the wrong side of a scrapyard gates?! Poor!

/rant Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The fact he started with an mgf in the first place says more about the program than anything else...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
^^Exactly my point. And people pay to have this crap on their TV's! Confusedhock:
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bloke in the office has an MG TF160.

He's convinced it's the holy grail of sportscars. Nothing can touch it. He out-ran a BMW M3 the other day at 140 after the BMW driver 'bottled it'.

He's an utter c*nt.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
c.a.r. Wrote:Bloke in the office has an MG TF160.

He's convinced it's the holy grail of sportscars. Nothing can touch it. He out-ran a BMW M3 the other day at 140 after the BMW driver 'bottled it'.

He's an utter c*nt.

you need to remember the rover engine was the best engine ever made...
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
c.a.r. Wrote:Bloke in the office has an MG TF160.

He's an utter c*nt.

Ask him about the radiator design.... They put the rad at the front, and pipes running from there to the engine. IIRC they're known to corrode and dump the coolant causing very broken engine symptoms...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Yeah it quite old. I've seen most of then as the body work and jig work interests me
I do remember the one your on about and yeah its bad!
Another one that springs to mind was a 17 yr old with a 106 that they end up putting on some halfords special wheels on and some ripspeed decals
But don't let it spoil the show. Most of them are decent overhauls
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ask him how many times he has had to change the headgaskt!
Thanks given by:
anywhere to watch this online? D:
Thanks given by:
well lets say it looked like this...

[Image: tn_pic2.jpg]
[Image: tn_pic3.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Seen that before myself, Watched alot of them, some are ok and can get some good advice off it. Albeit very overpriced!
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
K Series y0h!!! The pinnacle of performance engineering and modern reliability...

In fairness, they're fecking good engines, shame they're just poorly executed.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by: