Cleaning washer bottle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning washer bottle
Anyone got any ideas how to clean the inside? Tried degreaser and thinners "/ no luck
Thanks given by:
Bottle brush that you can bend to shape like the sort you'd use to clean a demijohn
Thanks given by:
Dish washer
Thanks given by:
Jetwash?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Hot water and biological washing powder / liquid.
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys will give it a go Smile
Thanks given by:
Take it off. Its like two bolts. Then clean it. Much easier.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Honestly dish washer will bring it up as new
Thanks given by:
Take it off, Take the Motor off and fill up the water inside around 1/3 of the bottle and fill in the sand.

Then, Shaking around 1 Minute or less..., The inside of the washer will perfectly clean.
1999 306 GTI-6 PT81 & Remapping
2000 406 SRI 2.0 Turbo 6M/T @ 1 Bar Boosted

[Image: 150521115952.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Sorry guys should have been more clear I have got it off been fillung half way and shaking like mad lol cleaned some of it off top still caked...

At the moment I've blocked the top off and got it upside down with a mixture of cleaning stuff in it with warm water...

If this doesn't work will have to try the dishwasher method :p
Thanks given by:
when my pump died because of the intergalactic filth in the bottle i just bought an aftermarket bottle and fitted that tbh, saved the faff with cleaing it and only took 30mins and £10 lol
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
id try the half full of water and washing up liquid method with quarter full of fish tank gravel and shake

i did this on a small petrol engine fuel tank that was rusty inside came up like new Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
If all fails, camelbak do water bag cleaning tablets that worked great on mine.
sure that would solve it.
Thanks given by:
Dish washer!
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
As others have said try dishwasher. Could also try some degreaser you have lying around
Thanks given by:
I cleaned mine with thinners. Just shook it around and then washed it out
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
I 1/4 filled mine with sand then poured degreaser in there and hot water and shook like mad. Came up spanking!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Finally done it Smile rice with a mixture of washing powder fairy quid and degreaser Smile thanks guys
Thanks given by:
Is removing the washer bottle easy? Would it be a case of removing the wheel arch liner and un-bolting it from there? Im getting some serious pongs coming from the water Sad legionaires disease is imminent! Big Grin
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
(27-07-2015, 03:52 PM)highwayman306 Wrote: Is removing the washer bottle easy? Would it be a case of removing the wheel arch liner and un-bolting it from there? Im getting some serious pongs coming from the water Sad legionaires disease is imminent! Big Grin

Yeah mate that's about it Smile 3 bolts, disconnect pump and top funnel
Thanks given by:
Sweet, il add that to the very VERY long list of things-to-do lol cheers ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
My ph.1 had been sat for 9 years before being put back on the road by a member of the gti6 forum and then being owned by Pebbles/Chris.

It kept blocking washer jets much to my annoyance. I removed the washer bottle and the bottom couple of inches looked a bit green so I turned it upside down and gave it a shake. A giant, green, stinking globule of algae the size of maybe 2-3 tennis balls stuck together dropped out all in one piece. Absolutely disgusting!

Washer jets no longer get blocked. Big Grin

Highwayman, if you want to check whether or not it is dirty just unscrew the filler neck in the engine bay and look down it with a torch. It might be perfectly clean if used regularly.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Well its due a clean i'd say, f*cking stinks! But thanks for the heads up Wink
Thanks given by:
Can you not just use dishwasher tablets with the bottle in situ and just use it up as normal? Or would it damage paintwork?
Thanks given by:
(27-07-2015, 05:41 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: Can you not just use dishwasher tablets with the bottle in situ and just use it up as normal? Or would it damage paintwork?

Doubt it,  never painted my windscreen so I wouldn't really know.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(27-07-2015, 06:18 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote:
(27-07-2015, 05:41 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: Can you not just use dishwasher tablets with the bottle in situ and just use it up as normal? Or would it damage paintwork?

Rlol  Rofl Rofl
Thanks given by:
(27-07-2015, 06:18 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote:

lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oh the bottle was empty cully 21 2,911 04-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Last Post: ginge191