Roof bar mash up estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roof bar mash up estate
Right so ive smoothed my estate roof off but just wondering if its possible to run 5 door hatch roof bars?
Never actually seen a set fitted but think on the hatch theres location bolts.
My thought is simply that the doors are the same and so is the window screen leading my to think that the geomotry of the door shuts is possibly the same...
The only real problem i see is the fact the estate roof line raises in the center after the doors. This could either lead to mounting issues or the bars being to close to the body work.

Anyone already tried this or got any more info to help me out?[Image: 4c09e2d66e66a33d54425dc31dbf25dc.jpg]
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
I can't see why it wouldn't work, the roof does raise but the bars should clear it. If not just grind the roof back. 5 doors have bolt holes for the bars behind the door seals. I can take pictures for you tomorrow. I have a set of roof bars if you want them to try out?

Could cut the bits of door with the bolts of a 5 door and weld them into your door shuts
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Sounds a plan. Know a friendly scrap yard that will let me experiment/take measurments. Shall have to buy a set when some funds are free'd up

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
I have some roof bars and an estate if want me to try it
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2015, 10:56 PM)HDIkyle Wrote: I have some roof bars and an estate if want me to try it
Would be an absolute legend if you could! Just abit skint atm as been throwing money at the car to try solve the scrubbing issue at the back and forgot about the mot so theres a few pikey spec things ive done through the year that need rectifieing

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Estate roof rails? LewisG 11 2,051 21-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Last Post: tigerstyle