Top Gear

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Gear
Just a heads up that Top Gear is on tomorrow night at 8pm on BBC 2. The last of Top Gear as we know it. 

On the subject of Top Gear, thought of Evans? 
Thanks given by:
I think Evans is an annoying lady garden tbh... But I'll still watch lol.

He won't replace Clarkson though, it'll be a different programme but hopefully still a decent watch for a Sunday evening.
Thanks given by:
Noooooooo!!! I've agree'd to go out! Hope it's on in the pub.
Thanks given by:
I've cancelled plans for it!

I think Evans will do a good job tbh. He is a proper petrol head and I quite like him. How he's going to juggle Top Gear BBC R2 Breakfast and TFI Friday I don't know.

I'd like to see Sabine Shmitz and Jonny Smith on the show too. Guy Martin is a good shout too.
Thanks given by:
He's gonna ruin TFIF by letting Nick Grimshaw present it. and will probably give up R2 for TG
Thanks given by:
Why are people so desperate to watch it at 8pm? Just record it and watch it when you're home? Lol
Thanks given by:
I'm waiting til it's in HD on iplayer.
Thanks given by:
I've been calling for them to do something with the remains of the old footage for yonks so glad they are. Hopefully it'll be a fitting send off to what is probably my favourite "non" fiction show of all time.

Evans isn't the worst choice... So long as he does a, and this is the important bit, different show. If he tries to simply replicate what Clarkson and the boys did he will fail miserably. However if the show goes off in a different direction, whilst it won't be top gear as we know it, nor will it be as good as clarkie's top gear, it will still have the potential to be a good car show. And let's face it there isn't many of those about.

Side note tho, anyone know when May's "build a car LIVE" is meant to air?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2015, 09:24 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: He's gonna ruin TFIF by letting Nick Grimshaw present it. and will probably give up R2 for TG

nope Evans is a greedy git and wont be giving up R2 for it.

Which means on top of him being the most annoying guy I know on radioi/tv who is potentially more smug than Clarkson, he wont be able to give the viewers/topgear watchers what we love, the live tours, the big specials in amazing countries etc.
It will all have to be done on weekends and his afternoons!

I will give the new series a try but I cant see me liking it. 

It should left as it was. It was axed because one of the boys on tpgear who always act like arses acted like a total arse! It was the perfect ending! lol

Lets just hope it isnt long till someone picks up Clarkson, Hammond and May for a new show on a different channel.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Tbh don't really like Carkson bit of a lady garden himself... not saying I wouldn't be like that if I had the stuff he has done and the stuff that he owns mind but still....

Evans is not the best person to do it either. I think a person like Guy Martin that's a bit more sociable/fun/lively to watch would be the best option (not sure who that would be mind but still) Acutally just thought about it plato! Tongue

In my opinion it was all a bit to far in the end... less about the actual cars more about, oooo I know lest go to Botswana and drive around in some desert or some sh!t, I think it was still fun to watch but rather them not do it as much as they done.

Even though there was say 20 mins on the show I didn't actually like watching e.g people I don't know, doing laps around the track it was still one of the best things on tv.

It annoys me as well that he can't actually drive that well (all he does is go....... well this car is good but it's all a bit boring untill..... you press this M button or what ever............. then it does this!!! then just loads of shots of oversteer), some one like Plato would be a good shout... I know they have the stig but...... he doesn't talk, funny I get it but how about some info on the way a good/quick driver feels about the car.

Moan over Tongue
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2015, 07:00 AM)Piggy Wrote: Lets just hope it isnt long till someone picks up Clarkson, Hammond and May for a new show on a different channel.

Their new show is on Netflix rather than a proper channel afaik. Sad
Thanks given by:
If you actually want to watch a programme about cars, there's Fifth Gear. Prefer that to Top Gear
Thanks given by:
Seems never to be on though "/
Thanks given by:
It's on the History channel now I think?
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2015, 08:47 AM)306carter Wrote: It's on the History channel now I think?

lmao Rofl
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No, it's genuinely on the History channel. Sky 529 new episodes too.
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2015, 06:33 AM)Orta Wrote: I've been calling for them to do something with the remains of the old footage for yonks so glad they are. Hopefully it'll be a fitting send off to what is probably my favourite "non" fiction show of all time.

They announced they would be re-editing the un-shown 3 shows very soon after the 'fracas' so no need to be calling them for yonks on it Smile 

New Top Gear will be horrible with Evans, he's ok on the radio, on TV his whole ass face mentality comes through. 
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2015, 10:02 AM)tigerstyle Wrote:
(28-06-2015, 06:33 AM)Orta Wrote: I've been calling for them to do something with the remains of the old footage for yonks so glad they are. Hopefully it'll be a fitting send off to what is probably my favourite "non" fiction show of all time.

They announced they would be re-editing the un-shown 3 shows very soon after the 'fracas' so no need to be calling them for yonks on it Smile 

New Top Gear will be horrible with Evans, he's ok on the radio, on TV his whole ass face mentality comes through. 

I didn't mind the Anniversary TFI Friday a few weeks back. Thought it was pretty good!
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2015, 09:14 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(28-06-2015, 08:47 AM)306carter Wrote: It's on the History channel now I think?

lmao Rofl

Seems to be the definition of oxymoron. Remember seeing an advert, "new series of Fifth Gear starting next week on History channel" lol 
Thanks given by:
Surely Top Gear will be back just with a different name or something on a different tv channel
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
Top Gear will be back on the BBC and will still be called Top Gear as Andy Whatshisface and Jeremy Clarkson sold the rights to it a few years ago for stupid money. Seems like a wise move that now.

There is many ways top gear could be better and many ways it could be worse., Look at what happened to 5th gear which had amazing presenters, decent technical info (considering it's mainstream), great locations and it's a ratings flop. New TG has to be something 250+ million people want to watch every week which it just isn't going to be.
Thanks given by:
Just started btw anyone whos forgot..

Wasnt expecting no audience
Thanks given by:
Nice pug lol
Thanks given by:
Have to agree the pug is nice .
Thanks given by:
Well that was sh*t...
Thanks given by:
Didn't think it was too bad myself, nothing on the America/Africa roadtrips though imo.

I wont be surprised if DumDum buys a set of those alloys... lol
Thanks given by:
Haha I'll bet the appear on someone's car lol
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2015, 05:12 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Top Gear will be back on the BBC and will still be called Top Gear as Andy Whatshisface and Jeremy Clarkson sold the rights to it a few years ago for stupid money. Seems like a wise move that now.

There is many ways top gear could be better and many ways it could be worse., Look at what happened to 5th gear which had amazing presenters, decent technical info (considering it's mainstream), great locations and it's a ratings flop. New TG has to be something 250+ million people want to watch every week which it just isn't going to be.

Fifth gear isn't popular as it only appeals to petrol heads. Top Gear is just a comedy show now with a hint of technical info thrown in so appeals to the masses
Thanks given by:
Well that was cool.

Some nice videos... lots of locations basically where I live, Stow, Lower Swell, Cirencester, Burford etc. Shame I didnt do japfest this year!

i DIDNT like that there was no music at the end...it meant Mrs Piggy could hear me crying Sad

End of era.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Anyone know if it's repeated on TV this week? If so when?
Thanks given by: