Winols potential maps question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winols potential maps question
Hello all. Iv been tryin to teach myself a little bit of mapping with guides and videos but, when I look at potential maps it comes up with bosch 16 for all of them, how do I know which is which ie boost, fuel, mass air flow, egr. Is there any way of making winols recognise them ect. There's also numbers next to bosch16 such like 4ca46. Anyone shed some light for me please. 
Thanks given by:
Signing up to a site like ecuedit and doing an absolute ton of reading is your best bet. The free version of winols won't recognise many maps by itself, as i understand it even the paid for version will leave you a fair bit of work to do.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I think I did a post back along about mapping stuff, which I said about the Potential Maps function.

Don't even bother with WinOLS recognising maps - a lot of the time they're unrelated maps, from memory it doesn't pick up half of the useful ones and half of the 'Statistical 16' maps are selected wrong. If you absolutely know what you're doing, it makes things easier to quickly select from the look of them and change the title - but none of the factors, offsets etc are there anyway which are needed to be able to interpret the maps.

There is no way of making it know what's related to what - that's the difficult part. You need to look at the shape of them, what the values are to maybe give yourself an idea of what they do - there's some brilliant PDFs out there all about EDC15 which explain most of the useful maps needed for a stage one, past there, you are on your own. Remember, not all maps have an axis defined in the normal way - they're often shared Wink

As Poodle says, sign up to ecuedit, ecuconnections, chiptuners and there's a whole host of others which have loads and loads of information - more than you can ever imagine. A lot of the time you won't understand what stuff is about until you read the thread again and stuff starts to make sense.

The "number" next to the predicted maps is the map location - 0x4CA36 is a hexadecimal identifier for where the map starts in memory. Take a look at what Hexadecimal is and what that number is relating to Smile
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
As above join the sites, read learn and read some more. Check out the .PDF files and damos files for other DI control systems to help recognise the general shapes/definitions. A good way to see the changes required for HP increases is to compare 90 and 110 files.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google maps awesomeness! Craig-o 25 4,666 17-07-2012, 12:24 AM
Last Post: samass