China Canbriolet...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China Canbriolet...
While I'm not planning any earth shattering mods I thought I'd at least track my progress.

Plans,

Get some lows
Clean and scrub cab roof
Black mask headlights
Refurb cyclones
Quiet but louder backbox ( cannot stand chavtastic noise )
Gti6 inlet
Strut brace for front stability
Audio upgrade

I intend to keep this pretty clean and standard really, any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

First fix is Jimbo repairing the leaky power steering pipe under the fan, then a brief investigation to see if any fan wiring is corroded as a result. Not heard the fan yet.

Another pic

It's currently crying the tears of a bodge job on the PAS pipe..
Thanks given by:
If you end up needing any panels or any panels as spares, I know where there are a pair of wings, a passenger door, bootlid and rear bumper going cheap....

Anyhow, nice motor, I do love the cabs....
Thanks given by:
I think I'm pretty lucky that I haven't found any scratches that need more than a good wax on any panel yet. Drivers side wing the lacquer has faded away and it looking a bit matte but that's it, that's me being fussy too. It's in amazing condition.

Bought it off Jimbo for £400 (total bargain) 11 months ticket and cambelt in the history. 103k
Thanks given by:
Jimbo was robbed Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2015, 08:38 PM)Ben_w Wrote: Jimbo was robbed Big Grin

He's a good mate, never ripped me off and has the knowledge I don't have to help me if I need it. Credit where it's due! 
Thanks given by:
Welcome

Looks really nice mate Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2015, 08:38 PM)Ben_w Wrote: Jimbo was robbed Big Grin

Lol i certainly was robbed. However i made some money on it
and helped out a friend out at the same time .
its a nice genuine car mate. I know youll look after it well
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
A little update, power steering leak was fixed by Jimbo. Next is audio, mainly door speakers but if I can find a small sub that will fit in the boot....
Thanks given by:
that is on my list of things to rectify audio and get a sub in the car small but powerful enough to be heard in the car
Thanks given by:
It's lowered! Big thanks to Jimbo, mikey b and frosty. I stood there and did nothing as per but they smashed it out in just over two hours! Pics to follow! Cab looks amazing with lows...
Thanks given by:
Needs an XUD lump, especially hanging round with those boys.

Oh and defo make a strut brace the next job, they make a huge difference on the cabbys.
Thanks given by:
Think I'll be keeping the 2.0 petrol. It's not too bad to live with as a daily and reasonably quick after 2.5k (after a horrible flat spot)

Strut brace is high in the list. Tips on sourcing one?
Thanks given by: